Job description / Role
A recently upgraded role with heightened responsibility in a leadership capacity.
A major mixed use developer with a development value of close to AED 50 Billion.
• Drafting of complex SPA's and units leasing agreements (retail, F&B etc)
• Dealing with government authorities (Sharjah real estate dept, SEWA, DEWA, SRTA, RTA, Dubai land department)
• Working with appointed international law firms who have prepared legal templates and development negotiations
• Constitutional documentation for the group of companies and subsidiaries. SPV establishments.
• New new company formations.
• MOA preparations. Reviewing and drafting changes and amendments
• Review and negotiation with the banks on financing documentations.
• Verify and ensure that the legal elements have managed risks.
• Negotiations with land owners for JV's, SPA's, brand protection, due diligence, hotel operator agreements.
• Litigation - real estate cases. Timeline disputes, defaults, claims at the court. Handles these internal case files/strategy then handing to the external lawyers.
• Join a growing role and company and contribute greatly to its success story
• Have the ear of senior decision makers and build up the legal department
• Live and work in a true economic hub and travel within the region
Candidates who apply should meet all of the following criteria
• Law degree with 10 + years of experience
• Recent 5 years experience working for a real estate developer
• Recent 5 years work experience in the UAE
• Arabic and English language skills essential
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
Head of Legal
Senior Legal Counsel - Arabic Speaker
Legal Advisor & Board Secretary
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE