Job description / Role
• Provide legal advice on various legal issues such as commercial contracts, dispute resolution, government funding agreements, regulatory, employment, and governance issues.
• Manage the drafting and negotiation of the programming contracts (rights acquisitions, content licenses, commissions, etc.) across all company assets.
• Oversee the provision of legal services to support all business across general topics, local acquisitions and all commercial affairs.
• Oversee the implementation of legal guidelines and to ensure compliance with our ethical policies.
• Support Head Office and Bureau team members through reading documentation and participating in the audit of existing contracts.
• Advise on minimal liability and company’s legal exposure in its various locations.
• Represent the company in ensuring the efficient handling and winning resolution of all negotiations and disputes.
• Ensure all transactional legal work, particularly on major International contracts, are handled efficiently and effectively.
• Research points of law and ensure that precedents and legal department templates are up-to-date.
• Monitor the preparation of corporate documentation including Board documentation such as Board and shareholder resolution.
• Provide guidance/legal advice on drafting and reviewing internal policies and procedures across all departments.
• Ms. / BSc in Law. Bar certification will be a plus.
• 8+ years of post-qualification experience in the media sector by working as an in-house legal counsel for a similar corporation or in a law firm.
• Understanding of the media sector in the region and the global industry trends is highly desirable.
• Proven experience in producing high-quality legal advice to the senior leadership for its internal and external affairs.
• Knowledge of technology, delivery platforms and digital privacy is highly desirable.
• Knowledgeable of the regulatory framework in the UAE and wider region is highly desirable.
• Experience of commercial contract drafting and negotiation.
• Good understanding of copyright law and legal rights.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Critical and commercial thinker.
• Sound judgment, planning and leadership skills.
• Fluency in English is required, Arabic is an advantage
• Candidates must be willing to relocate or be currently based in Abu Dhabi
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.