Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Head of Market Development - APAC ( Mandarin Speaker)
The Chalhoub Group is looking to develop new projects in partnership with Chinese agencies in the travel and marketing sector. Our Group is looking to hire an entrepreneur who will drive the daily operations of new ventures associated with the activities related to the Far-East markets and will also be responsible for developing external and internal partnerships. You will have high business management acumen, a start-up approach to business development, a deep knowledge of the Chinese consumer and of the luxury market in the Far-east. You will also be able to identify opportunities and develop ideas that harness the value withheld in them.
What you will do:
- Co-develop business strategy, roadmaps and business plans
- Identify key potential partnerships in the far-east markets with a special focus in mainland China
- Negotiate partnerships and agreements with agencies and other partner organizations in the Middle East and in China
- Manage and participate in conceptual product development
- Define Customer Experience standards catering to the Chinese consumer
- Define and communicate clear marketing strategies with partners
- Report on project activities on a monthly basis to the steering committee for far-east market business development
What you need to succeed in this role:
- 8+ years of proven experience in managerial roles in business development, marketing and digital commerce activities
- be fluent in spoken and written Mandarin and English
- Education: University degree in business management, MBA preferred
- Knowledge of WeChat and the Chinese digital social media ecosystem and how to leverage it
- Proven experience in Luxury, Fashion or Beauty retail and distribution industries
- Basic Financial modelling
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Self-motivated individual, able to operate autonomously
- Great communication skills
- Data-driven approach to business performance assessment
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Advanced Negotiation Skills
- Customer Experience Design
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts. If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months .
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.