Job description / Role
A leading global MLM is seeking to recruit a highly experienced Head of Marketplace for the UAE. The role will be responsible for for creating and executing an overall marketplace growth strategy to maximise revenue and will be In charge of all aspects of building the business and Driving customer experience and adoption
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Oversees Marketplace wide operations and maximises growth.
• Creates and owns the long term strategic and financial plans.
• Monitoring company performance, high level team/department activities, and ensuring legal compliance
• Formulating company policies and strategies.
• Providing Business owners with strategic analysis, forecasts and projections.
• Ensuring strong customer strategies, experiences, and over satisfaction are achieved.
• Setting up/guiding operations, recruiting and managing team members as appropriate across key departments (e.g., finance, marketing, merchandising, operations)
• Maintain oversight of the business plan, financial performance and risk factors
• Support key Merchant relationships, guiding Merchant Manager when needed
• Support key negotiations with Merchants to drive margin and payment terms
• To build brand and value proposition, through smart marketing, website optimisation, and merchandising
• Ensure that best practices are implemented and adhered to
• Achieve aggressive sales KPIS and expansion plans
• Ability to multi-task across time-zone market.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Minimum of 8-10 years in management roles within Marketplaces/ e-Commerce.
• Track record of personal achievement and people leadership
• MBA or Masters degree in Business, Finance, or related fields
• Previous general Manager/ managing director experience with P&L responsibility and experience delivering strong financial results
• Drive, flexibility, and resilience
• Experience with leading a start up a plus
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Head of eCommerce
Middle East Executive
Middle East Executive
E-Commerce Trading Manager
eCommerce Development Manager
Nestle Middle East
Head of Marketing and Business Development