Job description / Role
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Head of Marketing EMEA South is responsible for our local Marketing organization across South Europe, Africa and the Middle East. As the regional coverage for 80 countries on 3 continents ranges from Portugal to Pakistan and Italy to South Africa, EMEA South probably is the most diverse region within SAP.
Key responsibility of this strategic leadership role is to develop and inspire the regional Marketing organization, drive and support demand generation and pipeline acceleration programs, while ensuring that Market Unit (MU)-specific priorities are successfully supported - for mature markets in South Europe to emerging markets in Africa and the Middle East. This should be done via the implementation of cross-country thought-leadership, best practices and resource optimizing.
The ideal candidate will pro-actively manage a wide range of stakeholders, including regional Business Management, Communications, Sales and Business Development teams.
This Executive position sits in the Global Field Marketing regional leadership team, reporting into the Head of Global Field Marketing. Candidates should be based in Dubai or Milan as the biggest hubs for our regional business.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Ensure alignment between broad corporate strategy, global/regional marketing strategy, local - business unit as well as MU - market priorities
- Collaborate with key stakeholder groups in and beyond marketing to establish overall direction on decisions regarding investment levels for targeted audiences (industries as well as line of businesses). The objective will clearly be to effectively allocate all resources to maximize ROI.
- Working closely with sales management, identify key market trends, customer business challenges, new audiences and major market opportunities as foundation to devise well-orchestrated plans
- Build end to end plans across priority audiences. From brand to demand, devise solid plans leveraging the broad range of marketing tactics including, but not limited to, branding, communications, digital, promotions, references, events and sponsorships.
- Work with regional Midmarket and Partner-Management team and Cloud teams to drive business unit and market unit programs requiring the engagement of our Partner ecosystem and/or new delivery models
- Lead the team to operational excellence ensuring scale, leveragability, best practice definition, continuous learning. Ensure the transition from strategy to deliverables in terms bottom line results - run marketing like a business
- Support the continuous transformation of marketing, e.g. marketing automation
- Lead by example when it comes to innovation, leveraging best talents and flexibility towards change & new market opportunities presented by the company
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Masters Degree in Business (or equivalent), specialization in marketing preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, trust-building and cross- cultural skills to cope with highly diverse high-context cultures in the region
- Strong communication and presentation skills, mastering effective communication with peers and management
- Ability to work collaboratively and act as 'One Team' with other marketing teams and colleagues. Accountability for achieving both, individual and shared team goals
- A passion to establish and maintain positive relationships with partners
- Creative problem-solving abilities. Creativity, enthusiasm and a desire for continuous improvement
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience; global/international experience preferred
- Relevant software / technology industry knowledge preferred
- Excellent business-orientation and analytical skills combined with a focus on execution and results
- Senior working experience in complex, fast-paced matrix environments
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Manager Strategy & Marketing Excellence