Job description / Role
Join an amazing group of people at OliOli® and help their mission to deliver exciting, joyful, differentiated, world-class, and incredibly fun experiences to children that nurture their innate sense of curiosity and exploration. OliOli® (means ‘joy’ in the Hawaiian language) is a multiple award-winning contemporary children’s museum that opened to rave reviews in 2017. Founded by a group of parents who are passionate about open-ended non-judgmental play, OliOli® entails 8 interactive galleries comprising over 45 hands-on exhibits. The awesome team at OliOli® comes from over 10 countries including United States, Austria, India, Philippines, South Africa, Uzbekistan, Zimbabwe, Latvia, Mexico, Jordan and Ukraine.
The Head of Marketing will be responsible for conceiving, designing, and delivering the overall marketing and PR calendar/strategy for the company. Working alongside the programming and operations teams, the Head of Marketing is responsible for driving and increasing visitation to OliOli® - and hence this is a crucial position for the short-term and ,long-term success of the brand. OliOli® has a number of external relationships including with a PR agency, a performance-based digital marketing agency, an agency that manages our website, and engagements with several ‘creative’ freelancers in relation to our content requirements. The Marketing Head would need to think creatively, work with limited financial resources, collaborate with a great team, and help grow a brand with tremendous potential.
KEY ATTRIBUTES & DELIVERABLES
• Devise the overarching marketing strategy for OliOli® taking into consideration our objectives, brand equity/ positioning/ perception (positive and/or negative), value proposition, and strengths/ opportunities/constraints/weaknesses
• Design a modular approach to capturing / acquiring existing and potential customer information on an ongoing basis with a view to having a functional CRM that can be used as appropriate
• Develop the strategy for tie ups with tour operators, third party agents, and hotels to drive footfall to OliOli®
• Be involved in the creation of the ‘content plan’ during the ideation phase and provide input to the team from a marketing standpoint with a view to ensuring that the planned exhibits and activations are in line with our overall marketing strategy
• Design and execute the appropriate framework/processes/toolkits to understand how the brand is perceived on a regular basis vis-à-vis other players (respective strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, constraints etc) – and use the information to fine-tune the marketing strategy as appropriate
• Working collaboratively with other colleagues within the marketing and other functions, conceive, develop, and maintain a detailed marketing plan (based partly on the content plan) to achieve objectives such as:
- Increased awareness
- increased visitation – including during naturally low footfall season
- Brand building
- Strengthened community engagement and so on
- Achieve desired outcomes vis-à-vis communicating OliOli® events and activities to relevant/target audiences at the right time and using the optimal media mix by using prior knowledge, experience and expertise of different marketing channels
(traditional and digital)
- Work creatively with limited resources to achieve optimal ROI on marketing/PR initiatives
- Conceive creative customer acquisition strategies that lower the cost of customer acquisition
- Deliver on the revenue targets
- Increased and meaningful social media engagement
• Based on the detailed marketing plan, set strong/tangible/augmentative objectives for an external PR agency that are well-aligned with the OliOli® brand and visitation goals; drive the execution of these to ensure there are no gaps between deliverables and reality
• Similarly, devise, drive, and continually enhance the digital ad spend plan (to be executed by a third-party agency) as part of the detailed marketing plan
• Create a strong community engagement program and establish OliOli® as the preferred community hub where parents come together to discuss and learn more about the issues of relevance. Manage the company’s offline brand perception and presence, including among other things, initiating and overseeing the ambassador outreach program, maintaining/strengthening/broadening partnerships with relevant social groups, etc.
• Create periodic management reports highlighting all the relevant initiatives taken, outcomes achieved, and lessons learned + provide a detailed diagnosis of each initiative
• Identify potential brand affiliation and sponsorship opportunities with like-minded corporations to support OO objectives
• Develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with important stakeholders such as the DTCM
• Contribute to a positive, team-based, and “guest-first” centric culture
• Perform other duties and be involved in projects and activities that contribute to the achievement of our objectives
• Undergraduate degree along with 10 years of relevant work experience at world-class institution(s)
• Possess a strong understanding of the target audience and market trends
• Have a strategic and analytical mind-set and approach to driving revenue growth without compromising on the guest experience
• Proven expertise in the digital marketing space
• Demonstrated experience to create/execute a comprehensive marketing plan with components similar to those outlined above
• Solid understanding of how different marketing channels can be utilized to achieve brand objectives
• Excellent collaboration, problem solving, and communication skills
• Ability to manage, develop and mentor a team
About the Company
OliOli® is the Hawaiian word for 'joy'. With 8 galleries and over 40 exhibits, OliOli is an interactive play museum of delights to stimulate a child's body and mind.
We exist to bring wow experiences to children of all ages - creating a wholesome and delight-filled alternative to screen-based fun. Each space has been thoughtfully conceived with creativity and innovation, designed to inspire, stimulate imagination and curiosity, and spark a love of learning.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Manager Strategy & Marketing Excellence