Job description / Role
The Head of Middle East & Africa position provides leadership and coordination of company sales and marketing functions in the regions. This position is responsible for development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans based on company objectives that will drive focus and accountability and promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. In this role, you will be required to travel throughout the region and to Head Office as required (approximately 40%).
• Responsible and accountable for regional P&L
• Drive gross margin optimization through optimizing product mix and channel mix
• Direct and coordinate regional sales and marketing functions, OPEX control and investment plans.
• Develop plans and strategies for identifying and developing business in support of organization strategy and objectives.
• Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Build, develop and manage sales and marketing team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives to
deliver profitable growth.
• Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
• Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
• Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company
• Provide regular business input to ensure stakeholders are informed of all business development activities and progress
including the executive management.
• Member of the Business Unit Senior Leadership team
• University degree in Business Administration, Commerce (marketing) or equivalent discipline; Health science degree and MBA is considered an asset
• Minimum 15 years in pharmaceutical business experience in the assigned region (s); experience in generic pharmaceutical industry is an asset
• Experienced Director or executive level leadership and proven capabilities to lead an engaged & diverse team across multiple geographies
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Spoken and written fluency in Arabic and in English; competency in French and additional languages is an asset
• Demonstrated ability to develop and lead high performance team
• Solid understanding of the region
• Strong negotiation, analytical, planning and strategic thinking skills
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, project management and presentation skills
• Visionary and courageous to take measured risks without jeopardizing reputation or product quality
• Autonomous, self-assured and a high degree of personal integrity
• Change leader with strong drive, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
• Exceptional generic industry knowledge and proven ability to work in start-up environment
• Demonstrate expertise in product promotion, forecasting, budgeting and financial planning.
About the Company
Founded in 1983, Pharmascience Inc. is the largest pharmaceutical employer in Quebec with 1,500 employees proudly headquartered in Montreal. Pharmascience Inc. is a full-service privately owned pharmaceutical company with strong roots in Canada and a growing global reach with product distribution in over 60 countries. Ranked 56th among Canada’s top 100 Research & Development (R&D) investors with over $43 million invested in 2018, Pharmascience Inc. is the 4th largest manufacturer of over-the-counter generic drugs in the country.
Pharmascience Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of prescription generic, over-the-counter, and behind-the-counter products as well as FDA approved Canadian-made injectables. The company commercializes nearly 300 product families in 20 different dosage forms for over 2,000 products. In Canada alone, more than 45 million prescriptions a year are filled with Pharmascience products.