Head of Operations
House of Shipping
Job description / Role
Roles and Responsibilities
• Taking the lead in managing the selling and other engagement process with customers
• Developing, implementing, and monitoring all logistics management activities required for the timely and efficient transportation and distribution of products, ensuring excellent customer service and value adding for existing customers, to secure maximum profitability, client satisfaction and client retention
• Increasing gross profit and volumes to achieve economies of scale and service reliability
• Partnering with the Toll network to increase gross profit and volume in the Branch
• Overseeing operational performance, monitor branch KPI’s and continuously improve branch performance
• Leading the Branch team and developing their capability and performance
• Improving Branch operational process, and improve operational efficiency and administration
• Actively supporting the organisation's vision and strategy, and by providing strategic recommendations
Team Management and Development
• Provide leadership to the Branch administration team.
• Complete relevant Job Descriptions and KRA’s.
• Mentor the team and lead them to best administrative practise.
• Comply with Company Learning & Development guidelines and arrange relevant training for the team
• Ensure that all outstanding accounts receivable are maintained within Company guidelines.
• Ensure compliance with Company Occupational, Health, Safety and Environment Standards.
• Work cooperatively with TGF GM/State Manager to ensure all above is achieved.
• Prepare the Client Implementation Plan and oversee the process including:
• Complete SOP to meet client requirements
• Brief all relevant stakeholders including the client service delivery team
Client Retention & Development
• Identify Project and Resource opportunities that deliver value for both the client and Wefreight
• Identify potential issues and provide proactive problem solving
• Involve yourself in client ‘Moments of truth” and escalate/resolve to the client's satisfaction
• Identify opportunities to develop new services and revenue whilst reducing our cost to serve
• Knowledge of customer retention
• Global forwarding operations & market (i.e. competitors, carriers, clients & services)
• Local logistics market knowledge.
• Experience dealing with customers, with a strong customer focus and service ethic
• 10+ years in global forwarding and/or specialised transport industry with operation &/or business development skills. Relevant people management and leadership experience.
About the Company
Business consultancy and advisory services for shipping & logistics.
Our commitment to our customers begins with developing an understanding of their business fundamentals. From there, we are able to work closely with them to help them chart their way into settled waters.
Our experienced team have the knowledge and skills required to support any business challenge or requirement.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies