Job description / Role
Head of Operations and Customer Excellence - Farfetch
Position: Head of Operations and Customer Excellence, Middle East
Who We Are
We are a revolutionary e-commerce company that brings the world’s best independent fashion boutiques to an international audience for a unique shopping experience. Our vision is to change the way the world shops for fashion.
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. We have offices in London, Porto, Guimaraes, Moscow, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sao Paulo and now Dubai.
We’re a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be brilliant, Todo? Junto, Be Revolutionary and Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
The Head of Operations and Customer Excellence, Middle East will join the regional team and lead strategically aligned, organizational-level changes, while building capabilities across operations and insuring customer excellence across all business lines. In addition, one of the key priorities will be to drive the rolling strategy process, and ensure the portfolio of key initiatives is transparent and is progressing above expectations.
In this capacity you will be involved in most aspects of our business model including Delivery, Payments, Fraud, Supply Chain Management, Retail Operations, Customer Service, Creative Operations, and Operations Strategy.
- Identify innovative ways to enhance current customer excellence levels;
- Provide leadership to the Middle East team by inspiring them with the company’s service vision and motivating them to deliver the best levels of service across all customer interactions;
- Develop new initiatives to increase customer service productivity, gain efficiencies and enhance customer retention;
- Be part of exciting high impact strategic projects for Farfetch Middle East;
- Contribute to the success of the projects via advanced analytics, problem solving capabilities, and project management skills;
- Connect and work together with colleagues from Global Operations, Technology and beyond;
- Successfully manage projects to deliver results;
- Connect and influence very diverse stakeholders;
- Work with the analytics and data teams to Ingest and analyse data to scope new business opportunities;
- Ensure proactive and transparent communication throughout the organizations;
- Deliver incremental and disruptive change;
- Inspire strategy and energize execution;
- See opportunities on both cost and customer experience;
- Provide leadership to the ME team by inspiring them with the company’s service vision, setting clear objectives, and motivating them to deliver the best level of service;
Who you are
- Proven leadership and management experience of operations and customer excellence activities;
- Relevant track record of successes and learnings along a relevant work experience of at least 8 years;
- Passionate about problem solving, advanced analytics, and project management;
- Deep understanding of luxury e-commerce customer service and the online shopping experience;
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with the ability to pivot quickly according to business needs and to manage change with confidence;
- Strong communication strategy and approach across multiple teams;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Strategic and experienced leader with a highly disciplined approach to service and process improvement;
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.