Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
As Head of People you will devise, implement and promote the People Strategies for the Etoile Group and associated Joint Ventures (JVs), ensuring alignment between business operations and the Group's HR strategies and current objectives.
The role requires an experienced, commercially-minded individual able to establish an intimate understanding of both Group and the JV strategy.
The role holder will be key member of the leadership team providing advice, guidance and best practice solutions to support all People related business decisions and will guide and mentor all other HR functions within the business unit to do the same for their country operations.
- Collaborate with L&D to ensure that the overall training needs are being met and learning budget is being utilized effectively.
- Leverage available HR data analytics, external benchmarks and best practice approaches to support decision making
- As a key catalyst for our Group wide cultural transformation, continually observe and provide feedback to leaders and people managers around how to be perceived as role models, creating positive and inspiring team climates.
- Champion Group Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, with a key focus on culture change, nationalization and employee wellbeing.
- Promote and review internal transfers within and outside of the Group and the JV and provide recommendations for enhancing mobility.
- Ensure employees' grievances for the Group and the JV are closed out in accordance to process and in line with our Code of Ethics.
- Design employee engagement surveys and be accountable for the necessary action planning and improvement goals.
- Sponsor employee engagement initiatives and ensure improvement measurements are tracked.
- Help elevate the internal brand of the team through communication tools.
- Management of the family office of the Group President
What you'll need to succeed
- Due to the regional nature of this role, fluency in Arabic is ESSENTIAL
- 5+ years of experience in a senior HR Role
- Experience in a fast-moving retail environment
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards
- Proven experience of acting as change agent to bring about change
- Able to influence without authority and to be regarded as a credible trusted advisor to the business
- Employee-centric with the ability to build trust and act as a coach and mentor for employees
- Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire, manage and develop high performing teams
- Comfortable with healthy challenge and able to operate at a strategic level Experience of working in a fast-pace, matrixed environment
- Commercially minded with the ability to manage budgets, and interpret complex data and analytics to support decision making
- Resilient and able to effectively balance multiple priorities in line with deadlines
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
- Future focused with the ability to use creative and inspiring approaches to enhance employee experience programs, concepts and techniques
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.