Job description / Role
The Head of People Experience will be responsible for ensuring high level of employee engagement within the Group through the development and execution of a well-defined People Experience Strategy.
- Lead and develop the implementation of people experience strategy of the Group (covering the different countries in MENASA)
- Provide consultancy support to BU leaders, Support Service Leaders & People Partners in building & executing their people strategy - a people-centered approach looking at the entire employee life cycle
- Establish governance and develop People Experience department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the People Experience department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Build and monitor the yearly budget of People Experience department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Network & maintain ongoing relationships with Presidents, VPs, Country Managers, GM & Heads of support functions
- Use the established Group employee personas to map their experience in the different employee journey touch points through employee journey mapping exercises
- Use people data to address common challenges of employees at the Group
- Support competence Centers in mapping/ design/ re-design of processes, policies & use of technology at work
- Facilitate leadership alignment workshop/ people strategy development across the Group
- Partner with business leaders, heads of the competence centres, people partners & the wider HR community to address pain points (HR Services, L&D, etc.)
- Ensure successful implementation of the defined People Experience Strategy through partnerships with business leaders, heads of competence centres and HR community
- Strengthen the culture of ongoing feedback and continuous improvements at the Group
- Accountable for the management & administration of the different people surveys at the Group (e.g. engagement, pulse, life cycle, wellbeing) with the support of the Rewards team
- Produce executive reports after any Group-wide employee surveys
- Lead & organise engagement & wellbeing initiatives for the leadership population of the Group
- Develop and drive initiatives to ensure that Group culture is embraced throughout the employee life cycle
- Enable People team by developing frameworks, toolkits & resources to help them enhance the experience of their people
- Contribute to the strengthening of the Group's employer branding
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Support & guide team members in organising & managing Group wellbeing/engagement initiatives, programs & events
- Support & guide team members in managing & upskilling the People Experience community champions across the Group
- Ensure that team members are supported to successfully account managed their respective portfolios (e.g. country management, beauty, fashion & accessories, support services verticals)
- Master's Degree in HR, Psychology or any related field/ Qualified Business Coach/ Certification(s) in Psychometric Assessment Tools
- Certification, diploma or degree in Design Thinking
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a similar role
- Team Player
- Design Thinking Practitioner
- Collaborating for Efficiency (Advanced)
- Communicating Effectively (Advanced)
- Developing and Managing Self-Awareness (Advanced)
- Drive, Entrepreneurship and Adaptability (Advanced)
- Technical competencies required for the role
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.