Job description / Role
The Practices Brief:
- ADPi organizes its design and production work under three practices.
- The 'Building practice' takes care of all building related services that includes architecture, structural and MEP works.
- The 'System practice' cover all special airports services in an airport that includer BHS, ICT among others.
- The third is the 'Infrastructure practice' that covers both airside and landside infrastructure works of airport projects.
- All three practices cover all projects in the geographical areas that fall under the Dubai Business unit- East Africa, Middle East and Central Asia.
- The BU is structured in such a way that while architects and engineers may be assigned to various sites in the region and report to their respective project heads on a daily basis, they are still under the practice for their career development within ADPI.
- The Head of Building Practice will be responsible for leading and managing a team of Architects and Engineers, along with activities related to the practice including budgeting, career development of all employees in the region.
- He/she would also be leading teams and projects in different geographical environments and should have the capability to adapt to the local context during the missions abroad.
Line and Staff Relations
- The Head of Building Practice reports to the Deputy Managing Director of the Business Unit. The HoP also works closely with the Deputy Managing Director who is in charge of all operational aspects of the BU.
- Design managers, Design leads, Structure and MEP engineers and BIM manager report to the Head of Building Practice.
- Leads Building practice and facilitates project delivery in line with ADPI standards
- Ensures Design Managers, Structure and MEP Engineers, Design leads have the necessary resources to deliver all projects on time and in line with the clients contractual requirements
- Ensures that the proper controls, i.e. QA/QC and content compliance vs contract obligations, are properly conducted prior submission.
- Assists and advises engineering reviews,
- Provides input to the Business development team and the Tendering department during the pre-bid and bidding processes to help secure new proposals and projects.
- Works closely with projects managers to ensure that they are provided necessary support and resources to deliver their projects to the clients
- Works closely with heads of other practices and ensure that the teams from each practice works together in close coordination to ensure that the projects delivery is fully coordinated across all disciplines with the BU
- Provides technical support and resources when required to the various teams leaders on site in charge for all projects in the region.
- Works with Deputy Managing Director and HR to ensure selection and retention of a skilled team and works out plans to ensure that the right skills are retained within the company.
- Identifies training needs for the practice team
- Selects the staff and manages the appraisal of their performance with the HR department
- Works with senior management to ensure vision and mission of the BU is achieved
- Minimum experience of 15 to 20 years in Architectural and/or Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years of Management Role
- Experience of working on airports projects, design and supervision, with at least two to three major airport projects references.
- Excellent knowledge of Design Project Management
- Bachelors/Master Degree in Architectural/Engineering from International Recognized University
- Well verse in AutoCAD, 3D, MS office Application and other Software such as but not limited to Revit Modelling and Naviswork softwares
- Proficient in Client Meetings and understanding demands/expectation
- Knowledge of the local authority standards, regulations and requirements
- Excellent communication skills in English, very organized and flexible
- Capability to lead a team and to work within a team framework
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Ability to handle and protect confidential information
- Good decision-making skills
- Budgeting experience, project construction cost and design resource cost
- Career development of team
- New skills, skill development, innovation
- Well connected to the airport design field and market, regional and international
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.