Head of Primary
Job description / Role
About the Role GEMS Metropole are looking for an outstanding, innovative, Head of Primary to join the team and play a key role on the Executive Leadership Team supporting the Principal/ CEO in driving forward the Primary school from August 2023.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support, alongside shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
You will also take a lead on moving the school towards Outstanding BSO and Very Good DSIB inspection rating in the coming years.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Overseeing all aspects of provision in the Primary School as the school develops.
- Ensuring high quality care and support for students in the Primary School.
- Ensuring high academic standards in the Primary School in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
- Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
- An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
- Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Able to demonstrate success of leading and managing staff including promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning.
- Experienced in developing teacher's skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy from FS to Y6 or a significant age range span.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered for all learners to ensure everyone can succeed.
- Knowledgeable in computational thinking and skills needed to succeed through vocational pathways or a willingness to learn about these.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.
- Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or other relevant field with a teaching qualification
- 10 years' educational experience with a minimum of 5 years' experience in a leadership role
- NPQH or other relevant senior leadership qualifications (desirable)
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
Working with GEMS offers you a unique opportunity to enhance and progress your career in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world's largest K-12 private school operator.
About Your Benefits All positions attract an excellent remuneration package
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.