Job description / Role
Head of Procurement is responsible for optimising the way in which the Company engages with its suppliers to deliver value for money, simplify processes, raise service levels, reduce risks and develop commercially beneficial relationships.
The Head of Procurement also oversees the buying team, who are responsible for processing all centralized purchase requests.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Participate in developing and implementing strategies to effectively manage the different aspects of the Company’s supply chain, which includes sourcing, procurement, purchasing, transport, warehousing and distribution.
• Leading the purchasing team to develop and implement alternate ways to source in order to achieve improved cost, delivery, and cash flow
• Ensuring that the purchasing team operates according to the Company’s policies, procedures, and guidelines for good practice.
• Meeting with vendors to negotiate improved pricing, product quality and delivery times
• Leading major strategic contracts, working collaboratively with the internal departments and schools to develop an appropriate approach and manage the bidder interaction up to the conclusion of the bid.
• Conducting thorough spend habit analysis to better understand what we buy in order to improve our purchase process and cashflow.
• Producing tender and contract documentation, working with the Company’s legal as required
• Supporting the Director of Strategy and Innovation in taking forward the team’s overall strategy and goals
• Providing leadership and direction to the Procurement team.
• Developing strong and lasting relationships with strategic suppliers in order to foster an environment of partnership, collaboration and teamwork.
• Developing and implementing efficiencies, standardized tools, practices and procedures shortening the quotation, RFP and evaluation time.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining the procurement policies and reviewing them on a regular basis to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory policies
• Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
• Participate in developing a long-term strategy to facilitate improvements for Procurement Services.
• Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal department and end users.
• Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
• Oversee the development and execution of sourcing strategies across all categories within span of control including targets, timelines and resource plans.
• Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the Aldar Academies Core Values.
• Ensure that all corporate Procurement operations functions comply with audit recommendations, resolving any none compliance indicators within agreed timelines.
• Work closely with all existing Schools, Corporate department heads and all other stakeholders to ensure best value Procurement practice across the group.
• Minimum Masters in Business Administration (MBA);
• CIPS qualification desirable
• A Min of 7 years of commercial procurement experience within the region
• Multi-site education and start-up experience preferred
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Fluent English communication skills, written and oral
• Effective interpersonal skills to aide in daily contact with a diverse multi-cultural environment
• Expert knowledge of Procurement best practices
• Excellent writing and analytical skills as well as superb interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Capable of influencing people and talented in networking with cultural sensitivity
• Ability to clearly presenting information, ideas, and results is critical
• Ability to work in a fast moving and, at times, intense environment
• Skilled at building and maintaining relationships at all levels within the organization both internally through supporting schools and externally through working with strategic partnered suppliers
• Ability to lead and guide peer-teams through expert authority
• Demonstrate mature judgment, courteousness and professional demeanour
• Excellent leadership skills
• Strong and consistent supervisory skills
• Strong Commercial acumen
About the Company
Aldar Academies, a division of Aldar Properties PJSC, is a leading provider of private education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We provide inspiring learning environments, combining the very best academic, arts and sporting facilities with the highest standards of teaching. From a single school with 250 students in 2007, Aldar Academies now operates six schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain with over 4700 students. With over 700 employees we have planned projects to grow our current schools and build new ones to increase our student capacity to over 14,000 in the next 4-5 years. All our schools are rated Band A by the Abu Dhabi Education Council.
All Aldar Academies schools offer a British curriculum, which has been adapted to the needs of students in the UAE, ensuring that all our students have access to an international education in a stimulating, multi-cultural setting where academic achievement is nurtured alongside personal development. Operating as integral parts of the communities to which they belong, each of our six primary and secondary schools allows students to find and pursue their passions and prepare them for a future of success.
Aldar Academies schools are, at pre-school and primary level, The Pearl, Al Mushrif and Al Muna; serving both pre-school, primary and secondary age students are Al Ain International School and Al Yasmina, which operates from FS1 to Year 13. Al Bateen Secondary School serves the needs of secondary school students in the heart of Abu Dhabi and offers the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13.