Job description / Role
Head of Project Management (Director) - Abu Dhabi
The role entails managing the expansion of the PM business, working closely with the Dubai team and the wider regional team in maintaining and enhancing our fresh corporate culture and client focus to sustain the performance and reputation of Faithful+Gould at the highest level.
Reporting to the Regional Director and member of the Middle East senior leadership team, the Head of Project Management will be responsible for successfully obtaining and delivering work across Abu Dhabi and effectively scaling the organisation in line with the business needs.
- Lead marketing and sales pipeline activities in line with Group and Middle East strategy, working closely with regional sector teams and local Qatar development teams;
- Deliver, meet and exceed business performance targets;
- Drive commercial robustness and governance;
- Set financial budgets and deliver on promises;
- Identify, manage and reduce risk to the business;
- Support, coach, develop and recruit staff;
- Coach, mentor and develop the UAE management team (direct reports);
- Lead business improvement in line with Group and Regional initiatives;
- Provide thought-leadership of key client relationships, developing and improving business relationships with customers, stakeholders and within the global organisation;
- Actively participate and influence the market as an Executive.
- Demonstrable success in design / project management / project delivery / engineering with a strong understanding and appreciation of Design & Engineering;
- Successful track record of leading businesses and projects in the Middle East environment including planning and independently managing stakeholder and client relationships at the most senior levels;
- Culturally aware with strong relationship-building / influencing skills and agility across different relationships, ethnicities, situations and cultures;
- Demonstrable experience of reporting to Executive Director level and operating within a matrix structure (countries and sectors);
- High-level of strategic application;
- A proven track record in financial management (P&L and project finances), commercial management, and negotiation management;
- Strong leadership qualities including the ability to influence inspire and motivate, with strong track record in team building and leadership, and staff recruitment and development;
- Professional membership of a relevant institution;
- Degree qualified (or equivalent);
- Prepared to live in, and commit to, UAE for 2+ years plus.
- Previously operated successfully in Abu Dhabi with a strategic knowledge of the market;
- Strong project management delivery experience;
- Commercially astute with strong business acumen.
- Client-focussed with demonstrable ability to service strategic relationships with diplomacy, possessing the gravitas and dynamism to represent a billion dollar company;
- Culturally aware with a high level of charisma;
- Self-starter with high levels of motivation;
- Strong influencing skills and an ability interact effectively at all levels;
- Demonstrable leadership behaviours and decision-making that creates team-working, individual development and shareholder value at the highest levels.
Faithful+Gould offers a comprehensive rewards package including:
- Competitive salary including accommodation and transport allowances
- Fees paid for membership of professional bodies
- Health insurance
- Life assurance
- Personal accident cover
- Discretionary bonus scheme
SNC-Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is a world leading integrated project and programme management consultancy. We strive to build strong relationships by understanding the challenges our clients face, sharing their vision and helping them transform potential into reality. Our core suite of digital platforms and tools underpin our service delivery model and through innovation, standardisation and automation, we maximise efficiencies for our clients to save time and money.
With a turnover in excess of Â£230 million we employ over 2,300 passionate and experienced professionals operating from a network of more than 50 offices throughout Asia Pacific, UK and Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. On July 3, 2017, Faithful+Gould was acquired by SNC-Lavalin.
Faithful+Gould has delivered some of the region's most high-profile projects and the UAE remains a core part of our strategy in the Middle East. We use our longstanding local presence to deliver a sustainable business with key local clients, providing solutions to overcome the complex technical challenges associated with delivering the UAE's ambitious national development plans. We operate successfully across both property and infrastructure sectors working directly for Government and also with the private sector, and across the whole project lifecycle.
You will be responsible for the strategic positioning, operational success and delivery of business targets and future growth of the business. This is also predominantly a senior client facing role with a remit to develop critical client relationships, win and deliver new work for the region.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).