Job description / Role
Head of R&D
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Fetchr is continuing to grow and we're looking for an experienced Head of Research & Development to join our UAE core engineering team. You'll be responsible for leading the architecture and development of new and innovative systems and solutions for fetchr's engineering and wider business needs.
Fetchr is revolutionizing the world of shipment and delivery in the Middle East with cutting-edge technologies. Sending and receiving packages has never been this cool, fun, or easy. Established in the U.A.E in 2012 we've grown to over 3,500 employees spread across six countries and continuing to grow rapidly.
We're looking for exceptional talent that want to build something revolutionary! People that enjoy the challenge of solving problems that serve our customer's and client's needs. If you're looking to build something you will be proud of, this is the place for you.
What you'll do:
As Head of R&D you'll lead a high performing team in all aspects of analysis, design, development and the architecture of new systems, hardware services and supporting software for fetchr across Engineering functions within warehousing, logistics and delivery operations. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and new product developments in an established company that is rapidly growing. This is a great opportunity for an experienced R&D Manager or Lead who is excited about coding, search, data analysis and solving complex problems and who enjoys building highly scalable and performant solutions leveraging cloud computing platforms.
- Build best-of-class Research & Development team by leading, managing and supervising the team as Head of R&D
- Manage a team of highly skilled Hardware Engineers and Software Engineers
- Hire, develop and lead a team of software and hardware engineers responsible for the design, development and deployment of next generation technologies
- Lead the creation of precise function-level designs that efficiently implement the specified features.
- Participate in evaluation of development processes and tools to facilitate ongoing operational improvement.
- Support QA, Install, Support and other departments with escalated technical issues where relevant.
- Defining measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective support goals.
- Identification and deployment of advanced technologies
- Regular interactions with various internal teams and external business owners, to help understand requirements & business priorities, define evaluation models and drive improvements
- Design, Implement and Support the tools (product) development and automation for standardized processes.
- Communicate with leadership regarding the results of business analysis, strategies and tactics
- Actively oversee organizational effectiveness and address challenges that are impeding operational delivery
- Work with equipment and product manufacturers to ensure the best quality product
- Ensure thorough documentation of all findings
What you'll need to succeed:
- MS or PhD in Engineering or Computer Science with strong back-ground in technology
- At least 10 years in R&D / Engineering, with at least 5 years in a senior management-level position.
- Working experience, technical skills and know how.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Strong experience in development of embedded systems on real time platforms.
- Experience in modern development workflows for hardware and software including the corresponding tools for simulation, testing and agile project management
What you'll get in return:
- You'll benefit from working for one of Dubai and the region's hottest startups.
- Work in a culture that demands thinking, innovation and taking control
- Make a direct impact and exponentially grow based on your performance
- Be part of a great start-up with the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the region that are building a product that disrupts
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in joining fetchr and playing an integral part of our Engineering and R&D team, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV
About the Company
Fetchr is a tech company revolutionizing the world of delivery across emerging markets where there are no physical addresses. In fact, half the world's population has no physical address. Fetchr has the technical solution by eliminating the need for a physical address and deliver to wherever you are. Our patented solution has changed the traditional method of delivery.
Fetchr is the first Middle Eastern company ever to be backed by the most successful venture capitalists from Silicon Valley. Sending and receiving packages has never been this seamless. Established in the UAE in 2012, we've grown to over 3000 employees spread across seven countries and growing rapidly.
CTO (IT Solutions)
Manager - Strategy Consulting - Technology Practice - Tier One Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Senior Forecasting and Research Analyst - Upcoming
BAC Middle East