Job description / Role
- Play a key role in driving the implementation of risk management, compliance and governance standards & related initiatives according to the book of work and in line with the industry leading practices of the Financial Services or Fintech(s) and meeting the regulatory expectation
- Assist in the development of the Enterprise Risk Management strategy & initiatives, ensure the alignment of risk appetite, and provide oversight across various principal risk types (eg. operational risk, reputational risk, IT & ICS risk, sovereign risk, market risk & ALM, compliance & FCC, model governance / validation, macro-economics implications, etc)
- Provide advisory to various functions within the company and ensure they adopt adequate & consistent measures to manage and mitigate existing and/or emerging risk and compliance related matters
- Perform ad-hoc or routine independent risk evaluation based on qualitative and quantitative factors across the value chain process, new or changes to the product features, strategic-alliances / partnerships to determine the risk adjusted return including the assessment of compliance and financial-crime compliance expectations
- Lead efforts to integrate risk assessment further into strategic decision-making process and/or prioritise discussions into cost benefit analysis, as appropriate
- Monitor market, macro-economic and geopolitical developments; assess their potential risk scenarios and financial-risk impact on sovereign and credit quality and ratings of counter-parties
- Strengthen the operational risk and information & cyber risk analytics with insight into their key risk areas on a current basis and on a predictive basis
- Execute, maintain and monitor the overall risk appetite and reputational risk of the company and recommend changes to improve the sensitivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the approach
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external stakeholders including third party vendors as required from an independent risk and governance perspective (3rd party risk management)
- Bring thought leadership and leading practice frameworks and standards of innovative industry-wide risk, compliance and controls that contribute to an environment that fosters ongoing innovation and enables continuous improvement of risk and compliance mindset within the company
- Assist in the implementation of risk profiling, incident management including registration of issues and events, managing and delivering of risk incident reports via the automation of risk management reporting tool
- Support and coordinate periodic risk and compliance related reports, assessments, budgeting and forecast processes including monitoring of risks against risk appetite limits and thresholds
- Influence and gain buy-in from the Executive Leadership team and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. Board, Auditors, Investors, Rating Agencies, etc)
- Support management in handling issues with internal auditors and/or external auditors
- Prepare, manage, update and maintain all the necessary artifacts as required (e.g. playbook, framework, standards/guidelines/policies etc)
- Work with new, changing or unstructured situations, including where there may not always be readily apparent solutions
AED 40,000 to 45,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- At least 10 years of financial risk & non-financial risk experience within traditional and/or non-traditional financial services (including FinTech) in managing a range of functions & demonstrating leadership skills with the ability to improve organizational effectiveness
- Strong industry enterprise risk management, governance, compliance, corporate actions, information & cyber risk, risk-based audit (internal or external), risk consulting and relevant change management/transformation experience.
- Proficiency in analysing fragmented inputs, synthesizing key attributes and advise on the effectiveness and balance recommendation/outcomes
- Experience with Central Bank regulations, Consumer Protection Regulations, Data Privacy law etc.
- Professional qualifications such as CIA, CFA, CPA, CRISC, CISA, CDPSE, CGEIT, CISSP or equivalent certification will be an added advantage
- Proficient with Market data & MS Office Suite applications
About the Company
Pink Camel Recruitment is an award-winning recruitment agency specializing in IT, digital and technology recruitment in the Middle East. A true value-driven business helping to build world-class teams whilst using artificial intelligence and behavioural science to ensure talent retention. Born in Dubai we partner with clients across the GCC and become an extension of your brand.
We have revolutionised the way that recruitment is done. Offering a stand-out service with a technology-first approach and monthly payment options.