Job description / Role
To develop and lead the delivery of audit engagements, the maintaining of departmental professional practices, develop and maintain a risk based audit plan within for the Shariah Unit and manage staff capable of delivering the plan.
- Lead and oversee audits across the Sharia Unit and relevant support functions, in order to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, systems, processes and procedures, highlighting areas of concern.
- Plan and organise reviews and agree terms of reference to ensure they are carried out effectively, within the timescales allocated, keeping senior management informed of progress and findings.
- Reliably able to exercise judgement over the materiality of issues and ratings of audits.
- Exercising judgement over management's risk awareness and delivering IAD's opinion to senior management.
- Present Audit reports to the Internal Shariah Supervisory Committee (ISSC), CEO, GMs, Senior Management (first and second line) on the audit findings raised in reviews, together with recommendations for improvements.
- Review proposed actions from Senior Management and present these to the ISSC for review, discussion and finalisation.
- Oversee the finalised actions taken so that outstanding issues identified during reviews are followed up and resolved to ensure that risks are effectively managed in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
- Lead and present results to Senior Management on ad-hoc requests for special audits or investigations.
- Build, manage and maintain effective senior stakeholder relationships in order to ensure service levels are in line with agreed business plans.
- As appropriate, pro-actively liaise with stakeholders and team members in order to discuss current and future issues; feed risks identified into the planning process and provide advice and guidance as required, whilst promoting best practice.
- Assess compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures and guidelines together with relevant regulatory and statutory requirements where appropriate implementing actions to protect the Bank's business at all times.
Other Management Responsibilities
- Frequent attendance at, and presentation to, the ISSC.
- Attendance at, and presentation to, Board Audit Committee.
- Manage projects or work in respect of special situations, ensuring that where appropriate they are delivered on time and within budget.
- Recommend and manage changes to policies, systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvements.
- Lead, manage, motivate, develop and appraise staff so that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard and meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Fully accountable for maintaining the Audit Universe for their areas of responsibility.
- ACA or Other Professional qualification relevant to the role.
- Must be a graduate
- Relevant Shariah qualification
- 10+ years' experience in external or internal audit
- 10+ years' experience in Shariah and Islamic Banking, ideally audit related
- Strong Regulatory knowledge
- Deep understanding of Shariah and Islamic Banking regulations is a pre-requisite
- Senior manager or director level experience of at least 2 years
- Strong understanding of Banking
- Strong knowledge of Banking Regulations
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Internal Audit Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Group Internal Audit Manager
Senior Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
ADIV Human Resources Consultancy
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jan|
Senior Relationship Manager, Institutional Banking (GRE's)
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jan|