Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Reporting to the Property & Buildings Managing Director, the successful candidate will be accountable for the re-visioning and composition of the Specialist Services Discipline, and responsible for strategic growth, business development, technical excellence, client and people leadership, and the P&L of the Specialist Services Discipline.
All applicants should demonstrate the competencies required for effective leadership, developing and embedding a strong culture around a value add business model, with a focus on client care and our people, amongst other core responsibilities.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
A typical week would include:
* Lead the Specialist Services team which is to be determined by re-visioning & strategic growth of the team
* Gow the Specialists Disciplines to be the Technical Advisory bridge between the Strategic Advisory work conducted by the Advisory BU, and the technical delivery of the P&B teams
* Drive top line & bottom line growth through value added services to WSP clients
* Keep continually familiar with key market trends and drivers to ensure the SS team is at the front edge of Technical Advisory
* Act as custodian of the strategy, ensuring that the team reacts and responds to the goals in its day-to-day function
* Have P&L responsibility for the Specialist discipline.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Have 15+ years technical experience
* Ability to perform senior-level client negotiations with clear substantive speaking, writing, and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience in developing, growing, leading, and inspiring strong teams with a relationship building management style
* Experience with commercial management
* Confidence presenting to senior internal, and external, stakeholders
* Are solutions focused
* Aware of potential technology to improve productivity.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.