Job description / Role
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the worlds most exciting and rapidly expanding startup businesses, at a crucial phase in their development.
Reporting to the Group CFO, and working in close alignment with the wider senior leadership, the Head of Strategic Finance will be responsible for every part of leading a high performing FP&A team, as well as driving long-term financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
My client is one of the world's fastest growing venture-backed tech startups. From their office in Dubai they also work wtih other offices in the Americas & Europe, and are revolutionising their specific industry.
Your key responsibilities will be split as follows;
* Leadership of the Strategic Finance function, identifying initiatives to grow core & alternative channels; coordinating cross functional teams to drive insight, collaboration, &improved financial performance of key projects.
* Partnering with other business areas to improve overall governance & funding procedures for key corporate initiatives; leads the development of business cases to drive optimal investment decisions.
* Lead all financial aspects of company's long-range plan and partners with teams to influence company's ongoing direction.
Business Performance: FP&A Operations and Executive Reporting
* Diagnose and influence the key drivers of the business. Provide detailed feedback, insight and recommendations to the business on its financial performance, focusing on key drivers including profitability models, trends, and analytical needs
* Lead the creation of the planning, budgeting and forecasting process across the organization (including monthly close, forecast, budget and risk mitigation plan). Develop, own and manage the Risk Mitigation Plan that ensure financial targets are met across the company
* Presents forecasting and financial/operational dashboards to executive management and board of directors on a consistent basis.
* Responsible for the management and operations of our financial planning cloud-based tools (partnering with our FP&A system team).
* Partnering with all business functions to enhance governance & funding procedures for corporate initiatives, such as the development of business cases to drive optimal investment planning
* Lead general business planning support through analysis, budgeting, forecasting & cost control while improving existing procedures
Management and Leadership
* Provide financial & strategic leadership to the FP&A organization & business partners across the company.
* Building high performance teams and developing talent is crucial to the position.
* Define and guide the strategy and operational priorities across the FP&A team
* Build trusted relationships with senior colleagues across the business through strong financial support, helping them meet business objectives, increase revenue and improve profitability.
In return, my client can offer a highly competitive package, including long term financial incentives and other excellent benefits.
The ideal candidate for the role of Head of Strategic Finance will demonstrate previous experience working for a Big 4 consulting or accounting firm and show a successful track record in a C-Level role with a growing scale up!
* A degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field, or similar professional qualifications will be very beneficial.
* A strong track record in key stakeholder management, team management and relationship management will be required in the role.
Ideally you will also demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset, be business-savvy and take a consultative approach, whilst being able to influence key senior leaders across all areas of the organisation.
If you do not have experience with the following, please do not apply!
* Start-up Businesses
* Investor Relations
* Senior Financial Leadership
* Stakeholder Engagement
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Regional Finance Controller
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Head of Finance - International FM Business
Head of Finance