Head of Tax
Job description / Role
Robert Half International is working on an exclusive basis with a leading listed Manufacturing company based in Abu Dhabi who are market leaders in their field. Due to a reorganisation, they are looking to recruit a Head of Tax/Senior Manager.
You will be responsible for managing the functioning of the direct and indirect taxation function which includes executing correct calculations, deductions, deposits, filing of returns and managing any litigations related to direct or indirect tax. In addition, the role is responsible for developing and implementing proactive and progressive tax planning and tax saving strategies.
* Project and plan the overall tax obligation for the year in accordance with the business plan
* Legally minimise tax liabilities through informed application of tax laws and regulations
* Ensure compliance with the statutory regulations related to Direct or Indirect Tax
* Create and carry out processes as per the defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Prepare and Reviews tax calculations, estimates and reports accruals and purpose
* Liaise with the tax department, revert to queries and manage any litigations related to indirect tax
* Establish appropriate systems or processes for tax risk management
* Act as the key point of contact and support for local and regional taxation matters
* Act as the key point of contact and support for all power and water plants and review their quarterly/yearly tax returns submission and required supporting documents as part of the reimbursement process
* Liaise with tax authorities and provide tax audit support for the organisation to statutory/GST/internal auditors and manage external tax authorities and consultants locally and regionally
* Review current and deferred tax provisions while keeping abreast with all regulatory changes
* Provide support on internal tax advisory services and business operation matters to the organisation
* Coordinate ad-hoc tax-driven business initiatives locally or regionally
* Facilitate tax audits, scrutinize all transactions and own the reporting dashboards for management teams and collate monthly tax reports for all tax purposes
* Coordinate and implement ad-hoc tax-driven business initiatives locally or regionally
* Implement all relevant section policies, processes, and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
* Execute the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international leading practice' and changes in business environment and leveraging insights. This includes supporting the related change management efforts
* Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet the section requirements, policies and standards
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
* Professional Finance certification (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
* Minimum of 10 years of extensive experience in taxation or related role (e.g. Taxation Manager), preferably in a:
* Diverse/multi-cultural business industry (obtained from medium to large organisation)
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary, plus company benefits
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
RCM and Finance Manager
Middle East Executive