Job description / Role
As Head of Technology your responsibility will be to work closely with project managers to develop and execute technology strategies for all projects and businesses in the group. You will develop the frameworks and process required to translate business ideas and requirements into technology development needs. You will lead and grow the development and engineering team to create a best in class, cross-functional team.
Part of an established business conglomerate this internal incubation platform develops early-stage concepts into economically viable and scalable businesses. From F&B ventures to mobile technology and micro mobility, you're building the products that shape the future of the business.
* Create and manage all technology development plans and timelines
* Ensure best practices and up-to-date standards for all technology needs
* Develop and lead technology workshops
* Setup and manage development schedules and processes to optimise technology development efficiency
* Setup and manage agile technology development model to best suit the development needs of all projects and businesses
* Identify and contract a healthy list of suppliers, agencies, and freelancers
* Develop, maintain, and grow engineering team
* Establish system and process for engineering team OKRs
In addition to a fantastic Head of Technology opportunity in an innovative and forward thinking organisation, this role will pay an attractive salary and offer professional development.
* Masters / Bachelor Certificate in Software Engineering or similar
* 5+ years of experience in a start-up/technology/product development environment
* Hands on experience with open source software development and engineering stacks (PHP, Python, Ruby on Rails etc.)
* Ability to design and manage production of first class technology products and solutions
* Strong understanding of UI/UX and modern design principles
* Strong understanding of digital journey, customer acquisition and retention
* Strong understanding of cloud services and architecture
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.