Job description / Role
Head of Territory – India Middle East and Africa (IMEA)
Invest Northern Ireland (Invest NI) is part of the Department for the Economy in Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (UK). It is Northern Ireland’s principal business development agency with responsibility for supporting the growth of the Northern Ireland economy through the development of its businesses locally and internationally, bringing greater economic benefit and prosperity to the people and this region of the UK.
Operating in over 15 international cities, Invest NI’s overseas offices are responsible for supporting Northern Ireland companies in developing business overseas thus increasing export sales, developing collaborations and marketing Northern Ireland as an inward investment location. Invest NI closely with a wide range of clients including local businesses, multi-national companies, industry bodies, universities and colleges. It also works closely with business associations and stakeholders such as the UK’s Department for International Trade (DIT), Chambers of Commerce, the British Council and Tourism Ireland.
Currently, the IMEA region comprises the following office locations:
• Dubai, UAE: Dubai Internet City and British Embassy (6 staff);
• Doha, Qatar: British Embassy (1 staff);
• Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: British Consulate General (2 staff);
• Johannesburg, South Africa: British High Commission (2 staff).
Representational services in India via procurement contract
To build on the successes already achieved, Invest NI is seeking to appoint a Head of Territory for the IMEA region.
With responsibility for leading a team of Business Development professionals across the region to deliver specific Trade and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) targets, the successful candidate will report directly to the Executive Director, International Business based in Invest NI’s headquarters in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
The post holder must be an experienced business professional with a strong management and successful business development background. They should also have a proven track record in dealing with senior level executives and government officials, with a clear understanding of the IMEA markets including key business sectors, main economic drivers, operational constraints and solutions.
It is envisaged that the post holder will travel regularly within the IMEA region in order to deliver job targets, lead the team and develop new markets and business networks. The post holder will also be required to travel to other cities outside of IMEA from time to time, such as Belfast, London and Dublin.
Key duties include:
• Developing and implementing a strategic plan for the IMEA region for Trade and FDI in conjunction with Invest NI’s Head office;
• Directing and assessing market research on trends and identifying opportunities for specific sectors to assist the development of the regional strategy;
• Planning, managing and delivering promotional activities and events, senior officials and VIP visits in the IMEA region;
• Leading and providing direction to the IMEA teams to win Trade sales and attract FDI to Northern Ireland;
• Providing advice and introducing contacts to Northern Ireland companies seeking to generate new business and establish strategic alliances in the IMEA region;
• Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of business contacts at senior level across the region, and stakeholders such as Ambassadors, Department for International Trade (DIT) and other Government officials, to help identify business opportunities for Northern Ireland businesses and to promote Northern Ireland;
• Representing Invest NI at business events, expos and conferences, presenting and speaking at them;
• Managing operational budgets and team performance / KPIs; reporting performance to Head office in a timely manner;
Your CV/Résumé will be required to demonstrate:
• A Bachelor’s Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a business or marketing related discipline;
• A minimum of five years recent senior international business experience, with at least three years in one of the Gulf Co-operation Councils (GCC) states;
• A sound knowledge of exporting and significant experience of assisting companies to achieve export success;
• Recent experience of successfully building and developing relationships with senior executives and government officials to achieve significant business within the IMEA region;
• Significant successful track record of leading and motivating remote teams to deliver on significant sales targets, and managing operational budgets;
• An understanding of the business drivers and key business sectors in Northern Ireland;
• Fluency in English as well as strong oral and written communication skills, including preparing promotional materials, making presentations, copywriting and negotiating with media, all of which will be carried out in English; and
• A high degree of professionalism, excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
• Recent experience is defined as being in the last 5 years.
• You must be prepared and able to undertake regular travel throughout the IMEA region. In addition, you will be required to travel to the UK and other countries as the job requires.
To attract and motivate high quality and qualified applicants, the salary for this post is highly competitive. UAE labour laws will apply to the post holder. Pre-existing legal status to live and work in the UAE would be beneficial, as the post is immediately available.
If you are interested in this challenging and exciting opportunity, please submit your CV / Résumé including current remuneration package in a .doc (Word) file format outlining how you meet the criteria outlined online no later than 10 am, UAE time on Tuesday 5th February 2019.
Your CV/ Résumé must clearly demonstrate your experience and methodology for undertaking this role by providing clear evidence of how you meet the above requirements. Invest NI will shortlist for this position based on criteria 1 to 6 as detailed above.
Invest NI will not make assumptions from the title of the applicant’s post or the nature of the organisation in relation to the skills and experience gained or the methodology the candidate may propose to use in the delivery of this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview in March 2019.
References and a statement of good standing will be required before appointment.
Invest NI is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
About the Company
As the regional business development agency, Invest NI's role is to grow the local economy. We do this by helping new and existing businesses to compete internationally, and by attracting new investment to Northern Ireland.
We are part of the Department for the Economy and provide strong government support for business by effectively delivering the Government’s economic development strategies.
Invest NI offers the Northern Ireland business community a single organisation providing high-quality services, programmes, support and expert advice. We principally support those businesses that can make the greatest contribution to growing our economy. These are businesses that have ability to grow and drive productivity in the economy and are keen to export their goods and services outside Northern Ireland.
Senior Vice President - Strategy and Planning
Chief Executive Officer - Ecommerce
Al Reem International Construction
|Abu Dhabi||23 Dec|
Head of Business Development
Sales & Marketing Manager
Abdulla Bin Zayed Group
Global Head of Sales
Nexus Insurance Brokers