Job description / Role
Kendrick Recruitment is now seeking a strong Head Pastry Chef for a Luxury Property based in the Middle East. The Pastry Chef is fully responsible for the preparation of pastry items to set standards and carrying out assigned kitchen duties whilst also overseeing the team.
Portion control must be exercised according to the number of guests dining and stock rotation in terms of the mise-en-place used in the preparation of dishes.
• Effective daily management of the pastry kitchen as well as satellite camps
• Produce new and innovative ideas for enhancing the guest experience and to complement the work done by the other sections of the kitchen
• Create and maintain a set of recipes which should be used to produce Pastry section items on a continuous basis
• Timeously and accurately order necessary ingredients to enable the section to produce the required items
• Ensure that the Pastry section contributes to ability of the kitchen as a whole to operate within budget, with minimal wastage and costs.
• Communication with kitchen and lodge front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the department
• Training and Development in terms of kitchen skills
This position is offering a highly negotiable package based on the candidate.
To apply please send your CV, references, culinary portfolio, and profile photo through today. Good Luck!
Experience and Skills Required:
• A minimum of 6 year’s work experience within luxury 5* establishments
• A passion for pastry
• A cooperative and hardworking nature
• Creativity and willingness to be innovative
• Organizational ability
• Strong attention to detail
• Leadership skills
About the Company
Kendrick Recruitment (KR) is a Recruitment Agency specialising in finding top candidates for the Hospitality and Tourism Industries. We focus on providing a high level of personalised service tailored to each individual whether you are a client or candidate.
We are a small family based company and are therefore able to offer a personal touch to the service while also being able to secure you great candidates. We aim to keep this personal touch and will learn about what you are looking for in potential candidates to make the recruitment process as easy and flowing as possible.