Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known institution, is currently looking for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager (UAE National only) to be based in Dubai. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist, support, and monitor the implementation of the HSE strategy.
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is entirely in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards, rules, and regulations to
maintain safety in manufacturing facilities.
- Use labels, signs, posters, floor marking, and color coding to warn employees about potential hazards.
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained and communicated to employees.
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitor the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensure that corrective actions are taken and provide recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
- Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- To bring company-related health and safety matters to the management's attention at regular intervals.
- Ensure that an adequate health and safety training program is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and bring to the management's attention any relevant new legislation.
- Ensure that all “assessments” as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at appropriate intervals and maintain records of the same.
- Recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
- Carry out investigations into all accidents and near-miss incidents and record the findings on the relevant forms
- Should have at least 10 to 12 years of experience as a Safety and Environment Manager with a minimum of 3 years in any heavy industry and/or Port experience.
- Must have an International or National Diploma or Degree graduate in NEBOSH/IEMA/OHS and/or Environment specialty.
- Should have Post Graduate Certification and or Masters in OHS and/or Environment from an internationally recognized university
- Experience in leading critical incident investigations
- Experience with the development and implementation of OHSAS 18001-2007 and ISO14001-2004, preferably with Internal audit or Lead audit experience
- Use of or knowledge in HSE Software applications
- Lead Training Skills
- Have experience in conducting audits in HSE
- Experience in the development and management of corrective action projects,
- Experience in liaising, with government, regulatory, industry, and labor organizations
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels within the organization and lead/mentor workgroups and individuals
- Excellent influencing skills demonstrated through verbal and written communication
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Manager - Joinery Factory
RTC-1 Employment Services
Ignite Search & Selection
Deputy HSE Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services