Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently seeking an experienced, strategically minded and results driven Healthcare planning expert with regional and international experience of managing and developing complex Hospital Design and Healthcare Planning.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Implement the goals and objectives set out in the annual business plan through leadership, coaching and mentoring of the architectural team members.
* Deliver projects on time, on budget, and the highest quality.
* Develop and maintain client relationships.
* Help lead the continued development of the architectural and healthcare planning in-house expertise and methodologies.
* Provide leadership and direction to the team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards, etc.) to advance the group and the efficiency and effectiveness of our architectural work.
* Provide medical planning expertise to other team members and the firm-wide healthcare practice.
* Participates in user groups (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for healthcare facilities and assist with technical aspects of the meeting.
* Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
* Provides technical knowledge in the design and planning of various-sized medical and healthcare facilities.
* Ensures project inter-disciplinary and quality control coordination.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A degree in Architecture with a minimum 10 (ten) years of architectural experience. Architecture license preferred
* A Degree and professional certificate in Medical and biomedical planning
* Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities
* Advanced knowledge of progressive technical and local and international regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities design and understanding of fundamental departmental organization and functionality.
* Advanced knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and how design impacts those systems public/private space, adjacencies, staff and patient flow, support functions, central plant, etc.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to convey medical planning needs to designers and other team members.
* Proficiency in Hand sketching, Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred.
* Ability to work in an energetic and challenging work environment.
* Registration with a relevant professional association (e.g. AIA, RIBA etc).
* Strong desire to attract top clients and the best projects.
* Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
* Strong interest in the art of design presentations.
* Proven technical understanding of building science and construction contracts
* Speak Arabic and English
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.