Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is currently looking for a Helpdesk Operator to join the Facilities Management Helpdesk Team at Dubai Airports FM. The purpose of the role is to respond to the requests directed to the Helpdesk. Monitor and control the daily operations of the building and to record any system anomalies via the CAFM (Computer Aided Facilities Management) fault recording system for remedial repair and planned preventive maintenance. The Helpdesk Operator will d eliver client service by taking inbound calls, receiving email requests received in adherence to procedural, productivity and quality standards.
- Attend to calls and requests directed through the switchboard, radio system and/or email (24 hours / 7 days per week) relating to the properties.
- Record tenant/Client and system fault requests on the CAFM system accurately.
- Follow-up with clients/tenants and technicians regarding job cards issued.
- Ensuring that the work request is completed in CAFM system, either via PDA on site or at the Helpdesk.
- Updating CAFM accurately and appropriately with feedback from site management and staff.
- To work within shift rota to cover 7 day/week 24 hours/day including statutory holiday periods.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in helpdesk environment using fast and accurate keyboard typing skills.
- Excellent customer and call handling skills.
- Good data entry skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at an individual and team level.
- Working knowledge of CAFM (Computer Aided Facilities Management) systems.
- Ideally a degree holder in business administration or related discipline.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take Pride in what you do.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.