Job description / Role
Our client, a large home healthcare facility in Abu Dhabi, is urgently looking for qualified and experienced Home Care Nurses. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse is responsible for ensuring that the nursing process of; diagnosis, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patient’s care is in collaboration with the family and is in accordance with the organizations policy and procedures and scope of service.
• Under supervision utilizes up to date evidence based practice in the provision of patient & family centered care.
• Under supervision and collaboration with the interdisciplinary team ensures that the provision of individualized care from point of first contact throughout the episode of care, incorporates the continuum of care and rehabilitation goals.
• Identifies significant changes/deterioration with patient conditions, initiates appropriate action within scope of practice and escalates concerns timely and appropriately.
• Supports the prioritization of the resident/patient care based on continuous assessment of their ongoing needs.
• Participates in the referral process and utilizes available resources for the provision of comprehensive care to resident/patients and families following organizational policy, procedures & guidelines.
• Demonstrates service excellence and advocacy to support the patient rights and dignity at all times.
• Take all reasonable steps to protect children or adults who are vulnerable or at risk from harm, neglect or abuse and escalates concerns.
• Promotes quality of life and embraces the unique social and cultural role of the family.
• Is familiar with the commonly used medications within home care, including; indications, contraindications and is able to recognize side effects and reports to the Registered Nurse appropriately.
• Ensures the registered nurse is informed of observations and care provided for resident/patient and documents appropriately.
• Under the direction of the Registered nurse, assist in the activities of daily living for patients in accordance with the patient care plan e.g. distribution of patient meals and assisting patients with hygiene needs.
• Responds to all levels of emergencies according to the organizations policies and procedures.
• Works closely with families to ensure they are involved within all aspects of care where appropriate.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• More than 1 year of experience within or outside UAE
• Nursing degree holder.
• Ideally have worked in a Home Care or Medical Surgical/ER/OR/Gynaec/Paediatrics.
• Good command of English; knowledge of Filipino language is plus
• With valid HAAD / DHA license or at least have a DHA/HAAD eligibility letter
• Willing to be based either in Dubai / Al Ain / Abu Dhabi
• Willing to work 12 hours per shift (day/night) or 48 hours per week
• Wiling to be based at the residence of the patient
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.