Job description / Role
Positioning of Role
• This role reports to the Principal or relevant Head of the School.
• Primary Purpose of Job: The Taaleem teacher embodies, radiates and transmits the unique Taaleem ethos of excellence, innovation, creativity and compassion.
• Through inspirational teaching, with a deep understanding of students’ individual learning needs, the Taaleem teacher strives to ensure that our distinctive curriculum programmes lay firm foundations for academic and professional success, personal and spiritual fulfillment and a love of lifelong learning in each and every one of our students. Taaleem Teachers inspire young minds.
• Representing areas of knowledge, understanding and skills, in all their richness, to students taught
• Inculcating by precept and example the highest regard for truth, justice, equality of opportunity, human rights, benevolence and compassion
• Engaging and motivating students to achieve at levels that are beyond their expectations and previous limits
• Using excellent subject knowledge, pedagogic and interpersonal skills to enthuse students and enable students to enjoy learning
• Making full use of ICT and the new technologies to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for students of all ages and attainment levels
• Planning lessons taking full account of students’ individual learning needs, as well as their individual learning styles, preferences and capabilities
• Encouraging and enabling all students to become effective, confident and independent life-long learners
• Maintaining excellent professional relationships with colleagues by making a wider professional contribution to the continuing improvement of the school
• Planning and delivery of a programme of learning opportunities and activities to enrich and enhance the taught curriculum
• Cooperating with colleagues to establish and maintain fair and consistent disciplinary practices in the classroom, around the school and on school trips, and taking active measures to protect students from all forms of abuse, including racist or sexist abuse, bullying, and any kind of corporal punishment
• Communicate open and professionally with parents on a regular basis about the attainment and progress of their child
• Maintain high levels of confidentiality when speaking to parents and external parties.
• Model good practice of academic honesty
• Contribute actively to department discussions in meeting
• Contribute to and plan after-school activities as required
• Actively support the school partnership with the community e.g. attending school / community events which may occasionally occur at weekends or in the evening i.e. school concerts etc.
• Other responsibilities as reasonably requested
• Plan and prepare schemes of work and complete planning documentation
• Teach with consistent effectiveness the students in her/his classes, taking full account of all students’ individual educational needs
• Set and mark work to be carried out by the students in school, at home and elsewhere as appropriate
• Promote the intellectual, moral, spiritual, cultural, physical and personal abilities and aptitudes of the students in her/his classes and provide guidance and advice to students on educational and relevant social and other matters
• Make records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students
• Take part as appropriate in whole school development and share and promote best practice
• Assessment, recording and reporting
• Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the students in her/his classes
• Provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students
• Guide students to set targets to improve on their previous ‘best’ and give regular feedback to students to support next steps in learning
• Continuing Professional Development
• Keep under review her/his methods of teaching and programmes of work
• Be proactive and take accountability for own development
• Participate in arrangements for her/his further training and professional development as a teacher
• Curriculum Development
• Advise and co-operate with the Principal and other colleagues on the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching schemes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral arrangements
• Take responsibility for specific subjects
• To embed UAE heritage and culture within the curriculumV2 01-04-2017
• Taaleem Professional Teachers’ Standards
• Teachers make the education of their pupils their first concern, and are accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct. Teachers act with honesty and integrity; have strong subject knowledge, keep their knowledge and skills as teachers up-to-date and are self-critical; forge positive professional relationships; and work with parents and other stakeholders in the best interests of their pupils.
Fulfill wider professional responsibilities
• Make a positive contribution to the wider community and ethos of the school
• Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues, knowing how and when to draw on advice and specialist support
• Deploy support staff effectively
• Take responsibility for improving teaching through appropriate professional development, responding to advice and feedback from colleagues
• Communicate effectively with parents and other stakeholders with regard to pupils’ achievements and well-being
• Part Two: Personal and Professional Conduct
• A teacher is expected to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct. The following statements define the behaviour and attitudes which set the required standard for conduct throughout a teacher’s career.
Teachers uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school, by
Treating pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• Having regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ well-being, in accordance with statutory/regulatory provisions
• Showing tolerance of and respect for the rights of others
• Not undermining fundamental values and culture of the UAE, ensuring that due diligence and respect is given to the associated precedence of the country
• Ensuring that personal beliefs are not expressed in ways which exploit pupils’ vulnerability or might lead them to break the law
• Teachers must have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school in which they teach, and maintain high standards in their own attendance and punctuality
• Teachers must have proper and professional regard and adhere to school policies with regard to dress code, footwear, make up and jewellery
• Teachers must have an understanding of, and always act within, the policies set out by Taaleem which set out their professional duties and responsibilities
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Teacher - Foundation, Primary and Secondary
KS1 Homeroom Teacher (January 2021)
Beaconhouse School System
Al Shohub School
|Abu Dhabi||26 Nov|
Instructor in English Language
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||18 Nov|
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts