Job description / Role
We are excited to recruit for one of our top clients a Honey Manager / Beekeper for their Fujairah, UAE operation.
- Raises bees to produce honey and pollinate crops: Assembles beehives, using handtools.
- Arranges with sellers for purchases of honeybee colonies.
- Inserts honeycomb of bees into beehive or inducts wild swarming bees into hive of prepared honeycomb frames.
- Places screen plug in hive entrance to confine bees and sets hive in orchard, clover field, or near other source of nectar and pollen.
- Forces bees from hive, using smoke pot or by placing carbolic acid soaked pad over hive to inspect hive and to harvest honeycombs.
- Scrapes out parasites, such as wax moth larvae, and removes vermin, such as birds and mice.
- Collects royal jelly from queen bee cells for sale as base for cosmetics and as health food.
- Destroys superfluous queen bee cells to prevent division of colony by swarming.
- Destroys diseased bee colonies, using cyanide gas.
- Burns hive of diseased bee colony or sterilizes hive, using caustic soda solution.
- Uncaps harvested honeycombs and extracts honey.
- Arranges with buyers for sale of honey.
- May cultivate bees to produce bee colonies and queen bees for sale and be designated Bee Producer; Queen Producer
AED 12,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Knowledge of conventional honey production (APIS)
- Industrial approach (honey processing)
- Experience in breeding bees
- Knowledge of wild/native bees
- Reasonable English knowledge
- Relevant education is advantage
About the Company
We are NOT just a recruitment agency. We are a PEOPLE'S Company. A team of dedicated professionals who believe in the well-being of the individual.
Cassia is a boutique healthcare recruitment company, offering high-value human resources to the growing demand of the Middle East medical industry. Our unique value proposition is based on placing highly qualified, experienced and well-prepared candidates from Western Nations into the rapidly expanding Middle Eastern healthcare market.