Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco has been supporting the Australian Defence Force (ADF) in the Middle East under the existing MELABS contract since 2011. Serco will provide 21 service lines, including catering, waste disposal, facilities and ground maintenance, laundry, transport management, procurement and welfare services in support of ADF bases primarily in the United Arab Emirates. Serco is looking to hire a Hospitality Administrator for MELABS contract; the key purpose of this role is to provide effective cleaning and stewarding services for the combined mess on Al Minhad Airbase.
- Record keeping, filing maintaining the inventory and database for hospitality division
- Procurement of goods by raising purchase orders, assisting with vendor creation and vendor payment processing using SAP software
- Liaise with Host Nation Liaison Officer (HNLO) in regards to processing of temporary and permanent base access pass
- Maintain a register of base access applications and ensure personnel are reminded of renewal in time to negate any none access periods that could affect the department's ability to complete our contractual commitments
- Invoicing; processing and validation of requirements for the hospitality department
- Collation and reporting of staff overtime, leave and attendance
- Provide administrative support and carryout tasks as requested by Heads of Departments within the hospitality division
- Deputise for the all Hospitality Supervisors during absences as required
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience.
- Experience of bespoke software system [ CAFM / RMS ] an advantage
- A position providing service to internal and external stakeholders in a fast paced environment;
- Ideally of post-secondary education and/or relevant professional qualifications;
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Knowledge of Arabic language is of benefit;
- Typing skills of 40+words per minute
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.