Job description / Role
Gensler Abu Dhabi
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Work with a team of talented Architects and Interior Designers in bringing design dreams to like as a Gensler Hospitality Architect. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your architectural and design career by joining a team that turns ordinary spaces into works of art. Our commitment to collaboration and mentoring makes Gensler the perfect place to nurture your career.
What You Will Do
• Participate in all hospitality project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production
• Provide project team coordination for incorporating design intent into the construction documentation
• Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives
• Produce accurate technical and contract documentation for construction of project
• Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
• Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
• 8+ years of related project experience within the hospitality practice area
• Knowledge of building codes, building materials, specifications, and construction techniques
• Proficiency in 2D/3D software, such as CAD, Revit, 3d Studio MAX, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and/or SketchUp
• Knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements
• LEED accreditation + Architectural registration preferred
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our teams’ diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
About the Company
Gensler is widely recognized as the world's leading collaborative design firm, not just the largest. The ability to work together as an integrated team is part of our DNA, and we've embraced it at every level, from our Co-CEOs to our studios and project teams.
The focus of Gensler leadership is on serving our clients effectively wherever they need our services. Our one-firm firm ethos saves time, cuts costs and delivers innovation. We offer the design industry's deepest bench of expertise, matched with experience gained by working with our clients across the global economy. We bring that broad knowledge to bear on every project and location where we work.