Job description / Role
Overview of duties
- Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset
- Welcomes guests and provides a high standard of service in the F&B point of sale or meeting rooms (co-meeting offer)
- Contributes globally to guest satisfaction through the quality of his/her work and exemplary behavior.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Novotel, Ibis and Adagio Standards of Performance.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond to them promptly and acknowledge guest, regardless how busy and whatever time of the day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with hotel services / activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following instant pacification procedures and insuring guest satisfaction
- Monitor guests' reactions and confer frequently with management to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Seat customers
Professional techniques / Production
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Dining room layout, table/seat/section numbers, proper table setups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code
- Restaurant reservation procedures
- Daily house count, arrivals, departures, VIP's
- Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times
- All department policies / service procedures
- Answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Take record and confirm restaurant reservations / cancellations in accordance with departmental standards.
- Communicate reservation or cancellation changes to management as they arise throughout the shift.
- Monitor the preparation of own assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure that all menu's, check folders are cleaned and in sufficient quantity.
- Ensure that the hostess stand is cleaned and organized.
- Review the Reservation book, pre-assign designated tables and follow up on all special requests.
- Greet the guests at the entrance of the restaurant.
- Seat Guest accordingly to floor plan / being fair to each waiter.
Education / Professional experience
- Vocational certificate or diploma in F&B and/or anyone eager to work in the sector regardless of their educational background, pending validation of their skills and motivation
- Language skills: fluent in the national language and business English
Skills / Qualities
- Guest oriented, service minded and attention to quality
- Sales acumen
- Good presentation
- Thorough and organised approach
Level of Education
- Vocational education
Areas of study
- 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.