Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To provide an appropriate welcome at F&B Outlets for guests. To handle table reservations and effectively control the flow of guests.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome, leading guests and seating them at their table
- Take telephone bookings and maintain a clear and organised reservations book
- Assist in the set-up of tables and displays
- Maintain and update guest database
- Be attentive to guests and resolve their complaints where possible, reporting all incidents to Supervisor
- Maintain cleanliness of hostess station and surrounding areas, as well as of all menus
- Maintain good working relationship with own colleagues, and all other departments
- Correct preparation of all necessary operational material in the back office
- Learn safety, sanitation and hygiene policies
- Present check to guests and perform cashiering function if needed
- Effectively control guest flow in the restaurant ensuring maximum turnover
- Assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment
- Train waitstaff and bus staff in hostess standards
- Ensure the restaurant is ready to receive guests prior to opening and that both waitstaff and tables are ready in line with opening standards
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Management of the Hotel
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations within peak times when needed
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to establish a good rapport with guests
- Possess full knowledge of restaurant's seating/table plan
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Hotel Restaurant Management graduate
- 1 year Hotel experience in F&B
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.