Job description / Role
Barker Langham Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting on behalf of the Canada Pavilion for positions at Expo 2020. We are looking for a diverse and inclusive representation of Canada’s “Future Minds” here in the UAE for the position of Hosting Staff, assisting in the day-to-day operation of the public presentation.
Role & Responsibilities
• Welcoming all visitors to the Canada Pavilion
• Controlling the flow of traffic consistent with pre-determined pulsing for the different areas of the Pavilion and in accordance with the operational plan
• Answering questions about Canada, the contents of the Pavilion, Canada’s cultural program and special events
• Executing emergency procedures and carrying out other duties when required
• Report any abnormalities to the Hosting Staff Coordinator or Duty Manager on site
• Administer first aid if required.
AED 9750 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Experience & Requirements
• Completion of three years post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience in areas such as communications, public relations, tourism and hotel management.
• Hosting staff must be fluent in English and or French. Arabic language skills are also highly advantageous.
• Knowledge of additional languages is an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in having worked in a field similar to expositions
• Demonstrated experience in dealing with public as well as crowd control management
• Good knowledge of Canadian history, geography, culture and political environment
• General knowledge of the UAE and its culture and Canadian-UAE relations
• Good knowledge and appreciation of protocol matters
• Ability to interpret (Pavilion content information) and transmit information to Canada Pavilion visitors
• Ability to work well in team setting
• Ability to work in a foreign country
• Ability to manage large groups of people and control crowds
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Ability to deal with difficult situations
• Ability to administer First Aid is an asset
Salary & Benefits
• Fixed term contract
• Salary 9,750 AED per month
• Health insurance
• Full training
• Participation in Barker Langham’s “Creative Futures” programme.
Conditions Of Work
• Must be available for work from September 26, 2021, to March 31, 2022
• Must be a Canadian citizen
• Must adhere to a shift schedule established for the Pavilion
• Must wear a pressed and clean uniform (provided by Canada Pavilion) when on duty
• There will be no vacation leave granted during this period.
About the Company
Barker Langham Recruitment is a strategic human resource, recruitment and training firm for the global cultural & creative industries.
We define innovative human resource [people] strategies and deliver bespoke recruitment [people] solutions that create sustainable growth for our global clients [people] in the cultural and creative sectors.
People for people. Simple.