Job description / Role
Hosting Staff Coordinator
Canada Pavilion - Expo 2020
Barker Langham Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting on behalf of the Canada Pavilion for positions at Expo 2020. We are looking for Hosting Staff Coordinators here in the UAE who will be responsible for managing the Hosting Staff. The coordinators will be responsible for the efficient Public Presentation on a day-today basis and will accomplish the functions detailed below on a rotational basis with other Pavilion Managers.
Role & Responsibilities
• Arrive at the pavilion before the hosting staff in the morning and ensure the appropriate closing of the pavilion
• Unlock the building and start all office operations
• Ensure that the pavilion is clean and ready for visitor presentation
• Ensure that all offices and VIP facilities are clean
• Ensure that audio-visual systems are in operational order
• Report any abnormalities to the Deputy Pavilion Director, Operations or his/her representative on site
• Ensure that hosting staff members are in position 10 minutes prior to opening time
• Brief hosting staff about any special activities or visitors
• Supervise staff during the day and attend to emergencies
• Log all information on the daily report (computer database)
• Assist the Deputy Pavilion Director, Operations with his/her duties
• Assist with special or protocol events, when required
• Track hours of work of hosting staff
• Participate in training development and delivery.
AED 17050 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Requirements & Experience
• Completion of three years post-secondary education or an equivalent combination of education and experience in areas such as communications, public relations, tourism and hotel management.
• Hosting staff coordinators must be fluent in English and/or French.
• One hosting staff coordinator must be proficient in Arabic.
• Knowledge of additional languages is an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a team in a field similar to expositions
• Demonstrated extensive experience in dealing with public as well as crowd control management
• Experience in office management, procedures, working with computers, and various software
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with representatives of foreign organizations
• Good knowledge of Canadian history, geography, culture and political environment
• General knowledge of the UAE and its culture and Canadian-UAE relations
• Good knowledge and appreciation of protocol matters
• Ability to interpret (Pavilion content information) and transmit information to Canada Pavilion visitors
• Ability to lead a team
• Ability to manage large groups of people and control crowds
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Ability to deal with difficult situations
• Ability to administer First Aid an asset
Salary & Benefits
• Fixed term contract
• Salary 17,050 AED per month
• Health insurance
• Full training
• Participation in Barker Langham’s “Creative Futures” programme.
Conditions Of Work
• Must be available for work from September 20, 2021, to April 3, 2022
• Must be a Canadian citizen
• Must adhere to a shift schedule established for the Pavilion
• Must wear a pressed and clean uniform (provided by Canada Pavilion) when on duty
• There will be no vacation leave granted during this period.
About the Company
Barker Langham Recruitment is a strategic human resource, recruitment and training firm for the global cultural & creative industries.
We define innovative human resource [people] strategies and deliver bespoke recruitment [people] solutions that create sustainable growth for our global clients [people] in the cultural and creative sectors.
People for people. Simple.