Job description / Role
Hotel Ambassador - Fairmont The Palm
Be an ambassador for your hotel and our exceptional guest experience as a Hotel Ambassador, where your warm greeting and attentive service will let our guests know - they have arrived.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Reporting to the Duty Managers , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Greet all guest as they enter and exit the hotel while ensuring service standards are followed.
- Engage in conversation with first time visitors, showing them the lobby and offering directions as required.
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities and promotions in an informative and helpful way
- Use a positive and clear speaking voice, address the guest by name if you know it.
- Listen carefully to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet operating hours, hotel's lay-out, activities taking place and local attractions.
- Follow "lost and found" policy.
- To follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Handle Trip Advisor comments from our values guests
- Be familiar with the entire hotel's operations in order to assist guests at all time.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous guest service experience required.
- Must possess a professional and perfect presentation.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Additional language such a French, German, Italian, Spanish or Russian is a must
- Confidence in dealing with a range of people
- The gift of being tactful and diplomatic but also assertive where necessary
- Bubbly personality with a love to interact with people
- Ability to stand for long hours
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.