Job description / Role
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai ensures that health and medical needs of our internal guests are well taken care of. As Hotel Nurse, you will be extending your expertise in the medical processes to all our colleagues and guests.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids' Club.
Summary of Daily Tasks & Responsibilities
- To set up and maintain the Clinic according to Dubai Health Authority and Dubai Municipality requirements.
- To get the clinic licensed in cooperation with the Government department
- To record and update all information regarding colleagues illness and keeping the concerned Heads of Department and/or Supervisor informed as well as the T&C Department highlighting trends or reoccurrences where necessary.
- To prepare and maintain for each colleague a medical file.
- To ensure that all colleagues and management have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Staff Clinic procedures and medical/sick leave policies and procedures.
- To maintain a register of employment injuries in which any workplace accident or occupational disease sustained or contracted, shall be entered.
- To prepare all paperwork and maintain records for resident medicals (i.e. Blood Tests, Vaccinations, etc.) in cooperation with the Government Department.
- To assist the PRO's function by accompanying new colleagues for Medical.
- Prepares all claim forms for medical reimbursements relating to illness or work accident while adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper requisitioning and control of all pharmaceutical supplies.
- To assist all sick colleagues by guiding them to the appropriate Clinic.
- To ensure there are sufficient first aid boxes in the hotel and accommodation and that they are property maintained and refilled by the Security Department.
- To liaise with the Training Department in the implementation of all programs relating to First Aid and Hygiene.
- To maintain good relations with and liaise where appropriate with the Government Health Officials and the Government Hospital.
- To assist in building an efficient and productive team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their health, welfare and safety - provide health seminars on monthly basis, information, newsletter, advice, notice board etc.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the colleagues Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, and Health & Safety.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
- To enroll all new joiners in the insurance coverage and Workmen's' Compensation and Life insurance policy from their first joining day.
- Deletion of leavers from group insurance
- Submission of debit/credit note from insurance to Finance - Tracker to be maintained and follow up to be done
- Submission/follow-up of medical claims with insurance broker
- Processing Workmen's' Compensation claims for all accidents that occur at work.
- Scheduling OHC for colleagues before expiry
- Provides basic patient care and treatments, such as taking temperatures/blood pressures, cleaning/dressing wounds, massaging muscles, or delivering hot/cold applications
- Administer emergency treatment for injuries/illnesses; arrange medical care if necessary.
- Inform employer and employees of employee health problems (infectious disease outbreak) to minimize or eliminate potential illness risks.
- Previous Hotel Nurse experience required
- Valid DHA License
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Strong work ethics & confidentiality
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Nurturing personality, with a caring hearth
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.