Job description / Role
Responsible for the successful operation and responsibility of the Airport Hotel, while maintaining consistently high standards of service to our guest.
Managing Business Performance
• Responsible to handle the team.
• Managing the team to achieve key targets (e.g. Maximization of sales and Customer Satisfaction.
• Identifying opportunities to increase sales / profit – via changes to products, prices and services standards etc and raising these with Restaurant Manager.
• Reporting key performance data (e.g. slow moving lines).
• Encouraging the team to challenge the way they work to identify opportunities to work more effectively and deliver an improved service to customers.
• Communicating business results to staff.
• Spends vast majority of time on the shop floor.
• Reporting to Duty Manager.
Developing new business / driving sales:
• Maintaining & updating POS material.
• Coaching staff in selling and up selling skills.
• Coaching staff to build rapport with customers.
Liaising wit airport and airline representatives:
• Working with airport and airline staff to resolve operational issues and maximize sales opportunities particularly at times of delay or with personalized service to denied boarding passengers.
Managing and developing people:
• Identifying individual training needs.
• Coaching staff (e.g. as part of induction training).
• Managing first – stage disciplinary issues.
• Carrying out induction training.
• Carrying out 4, 8 and 12 weeks reviews.
• Delivering good team briefings regularly.
• Writing staff rotas – in line with plan
• Assigning tasks to individuals, managing break times and absence.
• Carrying out Appraisals.
• Recognizing good performance by individuals.
• Maintaining uniform standards.
Managing the service to customers:
• Leading the team by personally delivering excellent customer service.
• Takes personal responsibility for customer service standards for the team / shift.
• Encouraging customer feedback.
• Talking to customers to understand their needs.
• Identifying ideas for improvements to customer service for the shift / team.
Managing Compliance and Standards:
• Monitoring and auditing HACCP standards and Health & Safety standards.
• Monitoring key procedures (e.g. Food Safety areas).
• Ensuring the team / shift comply with key standards (e.g. product best before dates, daily temperature checks).
• Carrying out security checks (e.g. till checks, staff searches).
• Complying with fire procedures.
• Reporting accidents and hazards for the team.
• Acts as nominated fire marshal / first aider for duty shifts.
Managing food / drink service delivery:
• Ensuring food and drink is prepared and served in line with specification
• Personally organizing training for staff on food or drink specifications and preparation as required.
• Ensuring food and drink standards are maintained (portion control, product presentation).
• Ensuring bars, fridges and displays are restocked.
• Ensuring products are merchandised in line with guidelines.
• Ensuring the routine cleaning of equipment.
• Ensuring regular clearing and cleaning of tables and generally maintaining excellent levels of housekeeping in the dinning areas.
• Checking in goods received against order.
• Ensuring stock is rotated and records stock wastage.
• Carrying out stocktaking, within guidelines.
• Managing tills (e.g. counts floats, order change, cashes up at the end of shift, banks cash).
• Setting up and closing down the Unit.
• 4 years minimum experience required in in a supervisory role in, Hotels, Hospitality or any related field.
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Hotel / reservations management software, POS)
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
• Good English verbal and written communication skills. Arabic is an advantage
• Excellent skills in maintaining cleanliness and personal hygiene standards
• Familiar with hospitality terminology
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Guest Services Manager - Lounge
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services