Job description / Role
Housekeeping Attendant - THE8 HOTEL
Ensuring we provide the highest level of cleanliness in our Guestrooms, Public Areas.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Overall cleaning of the guestrooms to include, but not limited to: dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish rooms with supplies, etc, as per Fairmont standards.
- Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Take accurate room status reports at the end of the shift
- Keep linen closets, supply closet and landing organized and clean.
- Empty vacuum cleaner each time it is nearly full
- Reports any problems or questions to Supervisor assigned to your floor
- Offer assistance to guest and colleagues in a courteous manner.
- Use hands to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy.
- Understand simple instructions, learn simple procedures and techniques.
- Perform routine work or the same task daily.
- To use the cleaning in progress sign and keep the doors closed at all times, when making up rooms.
- To call room service for removal of trays/trolleys.
- To report instantly and turn over to security any lost and found items.
- To be responsible for reporting any rooms which do not require service, DND, not slept in on assigned floor.
- To report to Floor Housekeeper any mattress protector, blankets, bedspreads, valances in need of change.
- To report any equipment malfunctioning.
- To report any suspicious persons to Housekeeping office or security.
- To report anything which may be a Health & Safety hazard
- Maintain excellent grooming and uniform standards.
- Read, Understand and follow all department policies
- High School diploma, vocational training and/or 1 year work experience.
- Fluent in English (written & verbal) essential.
- Basic understanding of a second language, desirable - particularly Arabic.
- Previous experience in luxury hotel environment desirable but not essential
- Friendly and pleasant disposition with people interaction skills.
- Highly level of personal cleanliness and grooming.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.