Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist © " describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Movenpick
The Place to Savour Life- We believe true hospitality is about turning small gestures into heartwarming moments.
We enable our guests to Savour the flavor of life, balancing small indulgence with what's good for them- and good for the world.
- To take time and get to know the guests and to be committed to service excellence.
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests' satisfaction.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Plan cleaning schedule according to the Room Status Sheet allocation.
- Ensure Housekeeping trolley is stocked daily in a neat and organised manner.
- Maintain strong knowledge of the local area to ensure you are equipped to answer guest enquiries and provide accurate directions
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of Rooms related service and product.
- Ensure that the Place of Work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage, breakage and wastage.
- Keep all keys signed out in a secure manner and return them at the course of duty.
- Hand over to the Team Leader / Asst. Manager Housekeeping all Lost & Found items with full and detailed information
- To have a complete understanding of the different cleaning products and their economical use.
- Have a complete understanding of Housekeeping cleaning tools such as vacuum cleaners and floor polishers and ensure they are used as directed, stored safely and any breakages reported to engineering promptly.
- Move and position cleaning trolley in the corridor as per resort standards, ensuring a safe and hazard free corridor.
- Ensure all rooms, and public areas (including offices) of the hotel are cleaned as per the hotel standard.
- Ensure safe lifting techniques are used at work
- Report in-room safe issues as per resort standards and policies.
- Have thorough knowledge of the layout of the guest rooms and corridors, and all HK storage spaces with what they hold.
- Attend daily briefings.
- Attend training as scheduled
- Follow the grooming standards and maintain a friendly and cheerful disposition all the times.
- Handle guest complaints by listening and taking notes then report to Supervisors.
- Use the guest name all the time
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to a Supervisor.
- Provide friendly sand courteous service to guest and respond promptly to all requests and inquiries at all time.
- Ensure an efficient handover at the end of every shift to ensure important information is passed on
- Be familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for the department.
- Always be polite and patient especially when a guest has communication problems due to the language.
- Handle guest items with care and responsibility and don't underestimate any value.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and team.
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Use the duty shift checklists to ensure tasks are completed
- Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Heartists Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.