Job description / Role
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
As a Housekeeping Attendant, you will be responsible to provide professional and friendly service to all patrons. Assist Executive Housekeeper in the service of Housekeeping Department. Clean and Service guest rooms and suites as required, maintaining a high level of standards at all times.
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- To keep pantry and cleaning equipment neat and tidy
- Attend daily briefing to receive up to date information on the daily activities
- Reports any hazards, risks, accidents as required
- To ensure all staircases, surrounding work are and relevant public area on own floor are cleaned to standards
- Is aware of preventative methods to reduce risks of back injuries in the department
- Remove Room service trays and trolleys as required to an appropriate pick up/storage area.
- To sign in and be responsible for security keys and be responsible for these on a shift to shift basis.
- Follows hotel grooming standards.
- Report any unusual happening on the floors/guestrooms to the supervisor.
- Assist guest with enquiries and provide accurate information regarding the hotel facilities and features.
- Ensures all operating equipment is left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of each shift.
- Stock and maintain housekeeping trolley ensuring adequate supplies are available and the trolley is presentable at all times.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in a hotel industry in the Housekeeping department is preferred.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.