Job description / Role
Housekeeping Coordinator - THE8 HOTEL
Make sure of smooth and efficient operation of the office. Coordinate all matters relating to Housekeeping and other departments in the Hotel.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assist in the administration of the Housekeeping operation.
- Coordinate between all the key departments.
- Answer Housekeeping telephone within 3 rings, following etiquette and standards.
- Take notes of all guest requests and pass on to relevant person, and follow up that the task is completed.
- Coordinate and organize any special arrangements as per guest requests e.g.; flowers, extra amenities, pillow menu requests.
- During the day make sure room status is up-to-date.
- Maintain all records such as rosters, weekly attendance sheet, overtime, sick forms, accident report.
- Act as the coordination point for all activities in the Housekeeping office.
- Prepare reports for all concerned in the department at the relevant times.
- Prepare monthly list for guest supplies order.
- Prepare weekly/monthly payroll papers.
- Prepare monthly attendance sheet.
- Type any paperwork required by the Housekeeping Manager
- In the event of emergency, take all required records to meeting point.
- Make sure the First Aid box is filled to requirements.
- Complies with any reasonable request by Supervisor and Hotel Management.
- To attend any training conducted by Housekeeping or Talent & Culture.
- To report anything which could be considered as a Health and Safety hazard
- Fluency in English (verbal & written) essential.
- High school diploma preferred, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel housekeeping environment.
- Proven training skills.
- Experience with Hotel PMS, Opera desirable.
- Must be proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Emirates Refreshments Company
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Housekeeping Floor Supervisor