Job description / Role
Housekeeping Floor Supervisor - THE8 HOTEL
To manage the daily operations of his assigned section ensuring the ultimate comfort, cleanliness, safety and standards for all guest and members as expected. To maintain superior standards of presentation, maintenance and cleanliness in all areas of the resort while ensuring the safety and confidentiality of all guests. He/She will act as a leader to all Housekeeping personnel and assist with guest/colleague issues.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintain a presence as requested at hotel / department meetings and committees.
- Comply at all times with Accor standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Handle guest complaints and react quickly, logging and notifying proper areas to service guests.
- Attend daily morning briefings with Housekeeping Management.
- To make sure Housekeeping Attendants are informed daily about VIPs, special guest requests - priority in their section.
- To make sure checkout rooms are returned in a timely manner.
- To check at 4pm rooms with DND - no service given at that time and coordinate make up with Housekeeping Attendants.
- Assist with and lead Housekeeping Attendants (day, evening and Houseman), with daily duties.
- Train and coach employees on expected standards of service and conduct.
- Conduct daily inspections of guest rooms and floors.
- Be up to date on all guest services and events in the hotel.
- Work closely with Housekeeping Coordinator.
- Inspect all rooms assigned to Housekeeping Attendants, and Houseman.
- Inspect show rooms.
- Notify Housekeeping Attendant/Houseman of any deficiencies found, and return to correct when applicable.
- Re-inspect corrected room.
- Physically check discrepant rooms to ascertain status.
- Report and follow up with engineering issues in all areas of the Hotel.
- Confirm that all daily duties are completed to standard by: Housekeeping Attendants, and Houseman.
- Must be able to perform all Housekeeping Attendant and Houseman's duties.
- Work with all housekeeping staff to maintain and improve guest service scores.
- Maintain a presence as requested at hotel meetings and committees.
- Ensure all guestrooms have proper furniture; fixtures and amenities and that all set standards for placement are being followed.
- Work with all Housekeeping staff to maintain and improve LQA scores.
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings.
- Confirm status of all rooms at end of day.
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside the department, when called upon.
- To note any maintenance needs - write order and follow up on repairs being completed in time.
- To report any damage/special cleaning/change of soft furnishings and follow-up as discussed.
- To ensure that there is sufficient clean linen and supplies in pantries.
- To make sure at the end of shift all pantries are checked for cleanliness and surplus supplies are returned. All vacuum cleaners are clean, room attendants have completed all rooms.
- All lost and found are sent to security, following the correct procedures.
- To make sure any Health/Safety matters are reported and followed up.
- To prepare all turndown papers with relevant information for evening maids (V.I.P's/specials/ turndown times /cleaning times)
- To conduct proper handover with each Supervisor on the next shift, to keep seamless information flow .
- To check any late check outs and non-checked rooms for update before 6.pm.
- To check during evening condition of Public Areas.
- To make sure Wash Rooms are clean and well run.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper/Assistant Executive Housekeeper /Housekeeping Managers
- Fluency in English (verbal & written) essential.
- High school diploma preferred, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity in a hotel housekeeping environment.
- Proven training skills.
- Experience with Hotel PMS, Opera desirable.
- Must be proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.