Housekeeping Shift Leader
Job description / Role
- To supervise that all designated rooms are prepared as per standards and according to guest requests and needs.
- To supervise that all designated public areas are cleaned and maintained as per established standards, set-ups and schedules.
- To make daily room and public area inspections as per designated sections and to report any deviation from standard set-ups and maintenance.
- To follow up on the out of service rooms.
- To follow up appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the designated Housekeeping operations and to initiate requisitions accordingly.
- To ensure proper linen supply for the designated floors.
- To ensure a close co-ordination with the Front Office, Engineering, Food and Beverage as well as the Guest Relation regarding regular and especially irregular guest requests.
- To offer assistance at any time in the operations and to monitor, highlight and suggest improvements on any dysfunction.
- To ensure and perform a proper use of all the equipment and property management system, to have a perfect knowledge of the set ups.
- To have a complete knowledge of chemical products and their proper and economical use.
- To ensure the strict control of room keys and section keys.
- To keep all keys signed out in a secure manner and return them at the end of the shift to the Housekeeping Office.
- To assist in implementing Focus and other financial procedures.
- To respect Lost and Found procedures.
- To be aware of all VIPs visiting or staying in the hotel.
- To ensure that all guests enjoy their stay being offered the finest personal service.
- To escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
- To call the Executive Housekeeper or Assistant for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
- To report all guest comments or complaints.
- To handle guest requests and to follow up Guest History records.
- To follow up daily check lists.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To ensure that all ambassadors are aware of the outlet timings and promote the internal activities and events.
- To ensure that all ambassadors are updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To attend a daily line up briefing with the Housekeeping, Laundry and Public Area team to recapitulate tasks and activity.
- To share daily activity highlights with the Executive Housekeeper / Assistant, including internal and external guest opportunities.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.