Job description / Role
The incumbent in this position is responsible for directing and controlling the day-to-day housekeeping operations on the Floors or in the Public Areas in order to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. They assist the Assistants Executive Housekeepers and the Executive Housekeepers in the planning of the department.
Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski's most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
- Reports to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department.
- Direct the work assignments of supervisory and non-supervisory staff in an efficient manner to ensure that guests and other departments receive prompt and courteous service.
- Check Public Areas / Floors to ensure furnishing, facilities and equipment are clean and in good repair, well maintained and replaced / refurnished as required.. If assigned on Floors, check rooms and particularly those assigned to V.I.P., V.V.I.P and known repeated guests receive special attention to ensure they meet the hotel standards.
- Coordinate with the other sections of the Housekeeping Department and the other Departments on all relevant matters that affect the physical appearance of the hotel and room status, keep them informed and follow up on outstanding issues. It may be the confirmation of room status to the repair work to be done.
- When needed, assist the Assistant Executive Housekeepers in the recruitment, management of performance, identification of training need, development of training plan and implementation of training.
- Conduct monthly training sessions with existing employees in order to meet the identified training needs.
- Schedule routine inspection by supervisors, of all housekeeping areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms.
- Control usage of all amenities and cleaning supplies to ensure compliance to budget and ensure appropriate usage of equipment and tools.
- Assist the Assistant Executive Housekeepers in the monitoring of housekeeping procedures including Lost and Found, Key Control, Security and Emergency procedures, and Health and Safety for employee and guests.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Must have 2-3 years experience in 5 Star Luxury Hotel Chain in similar capacity
- Fluency in English (Written and Spoken)
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Very strong individual to lead a huge diverse team
- Strong knowledge of rooms operations is highly required
- Additional knowledge of foreign language is an advantage
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.