Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI THE OBELISK
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To provide a consistent room and bathroom product, and service adjacent areas to meet Sofitel standards for cleanliness and presentation
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and supervise all tasks of his/her staff
- Ensure cleanliness of guest rooms, guest room balconies, guest corridors, linen rooms and housekeeping pantries according to set standards and procedures
- Supervise public areas
- Ensure that guest supplies are replenished
- Ensure guests' requests are promptly and courteously met
- Report damage or malfunction in hotel rooms using P.M.S system
- Maintain equipment in proper state of cleanliness and repair
- Maintain a section floor report
- Conduct daily briefings with staff at floor level
- Conduct regular room checklists
- Report unusual behavior/activities on floors to Assistant Housekeeping Manager
- Record room status in allocated section accurately
- Comply with hotel's health, safety and hygiene policies
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Fully understand the difference in guest levels (VIP) and in room categories
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Must have good leadership skills and training skills
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar capacity in the hospitality industry
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.