Job description / Role
HR Advisor - MENA
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
The MENA HR advisor provides an effective people-related support function to the MENA region, and is the key point of contact for new, current, and exiting staff in relation to their employment matters. Manages the HR administrator.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Being the primary point of contact for all employees across the region on HR queries, reviewing and responding accordingly.
• Creating and issuing HR communications, letters and associated documentation in line with terms and conditions and company policy.
• Working with the HS&W function on delivering the wellbeing strategy to the region (i.e. Know Your Numbers campaigns, Wellbeing Week).
• Working as the 2IC to the Senior Regional HR Manager - MENA.
• Managing the onboarding of new hires and ensuring the highest level of experience for new joiners. Ensuring alignment with other departments, constant communication and follow up with the teams within the company ensuring that Mace’s onboarding experience becomes a benchmark of operational excellence.
• Preparing conditional offers and employment checklists.
• Issuing the employment contracts to candidates.
• Collating new hires visa documents and coordinates with the PRO team.
• Coordinating benefits administration with the HR Services team (medical and life enrolments).
• Coordinating and delivering HR UAE induction on employee’s first day and tracks corporate inductions.
• Coordinating onboarding across the region for standardization in approach.
• Preparing the monthly payroll instructions in conjunction with the payroll administrator for processing.
• Checking the PRO’s monthly expenses to submit to finance for reimbursement and employees’ deductions which will reflect on the monthly payroll instruction.
Learning and development
• Coordinating the set-up and administers local training courses (i.e. Mace manager).
• Reporting on mandatory training and any other ad hoc training reporting requirements.
• Updating and managing the registration on Mace manager training suite.
• Managing the off-boarding employees and extending the same level of services to leaver procedures.
• Sending the resignation acknowledgement and exit checklist to employees leaving the company.
• Preparing final settlements.
• Coordinating the benefit administration via the HR services team (medical and life coverage termination).
• Liaising with PRO team to coordinate leaver’s visa cancellation arrangements.
• A degree or post grad qualification in a relevant HR subject or discipline is preferred.
• At least 5 years in an HR support role.
• Local UAE and MENA experience is preferable.
• Knowledge of relevant labour laws.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Competent using IT systems including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of HRMS systems - Oracle is beneficial.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
• Diplomatic and able to deal with sensitive and personal information and issues in a confidential manner.
• Accurate support and guidance to managers and employees.
• Ability to keep abreast of changes in applicable laws and/or company policy.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
• Full tax free salary package that includes basic salary.
• Full private medical cover.
• Other benefits as per the UAE Labour Law.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.