Job description / Role
• Be the primary point of contact for all school staff on HR issues, including (but not limited to); contracts, employment terms and conditions, payroll, housing, HR policies, leave and entitlements
• Manage the Onboarding process for all incoming staff, including pre-employment communication to ensure new starters are aware of the requirements for their role and for working and living in the UAE, liaising with IT for relevant systems / email set-up and processing staff ID cards
• Coordinate new starter inductions in school for all new staff – teaching and non-teaching, and ensure communication takes place pre-employment
• Coordinate visa, work permit and KHDA/ADEC applications, renewals and cancellations and related processing for new staff, ensuring they are aware of the requirements, and avoiding fines or penalties for non-compliance.
• Responsible for compliance and ensuring all staff have valid contracts, passports, visas, EIDs etc tracked through HRMS system
• Ensure the school’s recruitment activity is in line with the staffing budget headcount and Company Recruitment Policy, and work closely alongside the CO Recruitment Manager.
• Arrange interviews and track candidates for teaching roles and provide regular updates to CO and Principal.
• Source and shortlist candidates for non-teaching role as required
• Create and issue offer letters, contracts, contract renewals and amendments and associated documentation in line with company-wide terms and conditions and policies
• Coordinate the school’s probationary, performance review and appraisal cycles to support school leadership in achieving a high-performance culture, and advice School Leaders on correct adherence, timelines and expectations.
• Source School Doctors and Nurses as required, ensuring the school is compliant in the licenses and insurances obtained for these staff.
• Liaise with DHA/HAAD to obtain Occupational Health cards for School Doctors and Nurses
• Manage Life and Health Insurance applications, renewals, cancellations and associated management for all school staff in line with processes and guidance from Central Office HR
• Conduct pre-employment due diligence checks for all staff in accordance with the Recruitment Policy and Child Protection Guidance, including references and suitability/police clearances and ensuring appropriate follow-up based on the results
• Management and reporting of staff time and attendance, including managing the time and attendance systems and escalation of leave and attendance issues to School Leadership
• Support School Leaders with investigations and disciplinary management of staff, ensuring accurate records of cases are kept within confidential staff files
• Responsible for issuing NOCs, and other relevant staff letters (e.g. Bank, Government, Immigration etc.)
• Professional development – monitor, book and track PD for school staff and provide reports as requested by the Heads of School, Principal and Central Office HR
• HR KPIs - collate people metrics based on HR KPI requirements and provide reports as required by Central Office, including but not limited to absence, turnover, PD, recruitment activity, disciplinary and performance management cases.
• Keep the school’s organisation chart up to date and ensure that Central Office are aware of any changes
• Process exiting staff as leavers and ensure all associated exit procedures are completed, including calculations of full and final settlements, visa cancellations and Housing procedures
• Maintain up to date confidential employment records and staff files on site at school
• Maintaining HR / employee information systems, both hard copy files and electronically through HRMS, ensuring records are accurate and up to date with all key employment documentation uploaded on HRMS.
• Generate reports through HRMS as requested by School Leaders of Central Office
• Coordinate Teacher Licensing, documentation and track staff progress through the Licensing process in line with guidance from the Regulator and Central Office, liaising with School Leaders and Central Education Department as needed
• Participate in company-wide HR meetings in order to share knowledge, best practice and to ensure consistency within group standards.
• Provide support to other HR Advisors as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree, recognised HR Qualification and/or professional accreditation preferred
• At least 3 years’ experience in a supportive HR role, understanding of UAE Labour Law preferred but not essential.
• Knowledge of HRMS an advantage.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Competent using IT systems, including Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook, and ideally HRMS
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
• Diplomatic and empathetic; able to deal with sensitive, personal information and issues in a confidential and supportive manner
• Able to provide high quality and reliable support and guidance
• Ability to keep abreast of changes in the law or company policy
• Strong communication skills
• Solutions focused
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
HR Assistant Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
Swisslinx Middle East
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Big Fish Recruitment
HR & Payroll Administrator