Job description / Role
The HR Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Work closely with HRM to support recruitment for Individual roles.
• Prepares employment agreements for land-based employees, communication with affiliate senior management for recruitment process, completes recruitment formalities to ensure acceptance of Job Offer and facilitates hiring of candidates.
• Prepares Itinerary for the interview and for the joining day of the newly hired employee/s as per advise from HR Manager.
• Facilitates the requests of employer references for the newly hired employee/s
• Facilitates recruitment process for the Yard, Maintenance Projects as required.
• Assists the newly hired employees for the required documents for UAE employment visa application.
• I.T Network Set-Up, arrange application of Company Access card for new employees.
• Facilitates and follow-ups the employment visa application, arranges Emirates ID Application and visa medicals for newly hired employees.
• Manage probation completions.
• Manage the EID & visa renewal process for all current onshore employees, including booking of medical.
• Drafts letters and notifies the HR Advisor to amends details of employees in the system such as promotion, pay schemes, Change of terms and conditions.
• Prepares Bank Letters, and End of Service Certificates as necessary.
• Ensure proper accomplishment of standard company and HR documents.
• Disseminates policy and procedural information to appropriate staff under advise of the HR Manager
• Prepares Resignation Acceptance Letters.
• Request final pay computation for leavers.
• Implementation of the exit procedure for all staff.
• Track leavers exit interviews and data for reporting and audit.
• Drafts letters for Holiday, Internal Memos, disciplinary meeting request & warning.
• Monitors Job Description for all Land Based Employees.
• Maintain all HR hard-copy files ensuring they are secure, filed as per process and the archive process is followed.
• Raise requisitions on e-Requester
• Provides a year-end report for the health insurance renewal and facilitates the health insurance claims for staff if required.
• Perform relevant support responsibilities that may be assigned by management.
• Must be self-driven, independent, reliable, attentive to detail, well organized and possess a strong drive to get things done.
• Exposure to UAE Labour Laws and marine standards is desirable.
• Ability to work with transparency. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately and avoids discussion of all HR matters unless in the course of their duty.
• Must have good communicative skills
• Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential.
• Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage; and
• Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
• At least a bachelor’s degree level graduate in Administration Management, Secretarial, Business Management or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• With minimum 2 years of general experience preferably within human resources and administrative environment.
About the Company
A leading offshore contractor in the UAE.